Hacking Wii CFW Replacement??

Clock Work

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so i cut my teeth on the psp (started console hacking with psp)
and although i started back in the 1.50 days, i have really grown acustom to the all-in-one custom firmwares from dark alex (se,oe & everyones favorite M33).

so, thinking back on how the psp scene started and grew, i was wondering if the wii scene would ever evolve past the "every-little-thing" phase and grow into a total CFW replacement that would include a recovery console, homebrew/iso support, and all the other little goodies all rolled up into one package, that can be updated as one package, instead of having to find every little thing and update things individually.

so thats it, just wondering if anyone has thought of or is working on something like that?

before you tear me up to much i am aware of boot mii, the bannerbomb/hbc, and the usbloaders, but was wondering about an all in one solution.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never used it, as all in one packages scare me, but isn't that essentially what Softmii is?

Clock Work

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ossot said:
I've never used it, as all in one packages scare me, but isn't that essentially what Softmii is?

kind of but not really, its a collection of "all the little things" but its not actually an "all-in-one"

read
http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=133040

when i say "all-in-one" i mean a total firmware replacement that is all inclusive.

i dont want to get too far into the psp, but in the earliest days you had the "tenci no-disk browser" for internet access, "devhook" for playing backups, "pspersonlize" for changing the background.

but over time sony began to implement some of the hacks into there official firmwares, things like custom backgorunds/themes, web browser, etc, etc, but when they gave you one little thing like themes, they made it much more difficult to load hombrew/iso's,

until dark alex started releasing his "all-in-one" custom firmware packages, that looked and behaved like the original, but included all the little extra things that made psp hacking possible, and eventually it got to the point where it is now, where you can use sony's built in "network updater" to connect to dark alex's site and automatically update your Custom firmware just as easily as the original

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry I let @HiradeGirl get into my alcohol