KINGOFNOOBS

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wonder, anyone know how to make really good Wii cases for your backup games? So far this is what I got.

- Nintendo Wii Game Case - Buy at Nintendo.com
- High Quality Photo Printer
- High Quality Photo Paper
* Print Game Cover and put it in Nintendo Wii game case*
- Call Nintendo
- Ask them to send you Game Manual
- Get some LightScribe DVD's
- Get a LightScribe DVD burner
- Burn backup
- Get disk cover
- Convert into LightScribe
- Burn cover onto disk.

I'd think this would be the best way to pretty much make your backups seem like legit games.

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
who are you trying to convince?
a white slim jewel case with sharpie label works really well

however i would like to see some photos of you backup cases when complete
smile.gif

KINGOFNOOBS

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well I'm getting my Wiikey tomorrow, thats what I'm going to do. I want me games to look real. I like having cases. Sure It'll cost around 5 bucks per game, but eh. The games are free anyway

The_Cylon_Surfer

Trophies
XP
Country
Get yourself a Epson R300 printer! These baby's print right on the DVD (if you buy full face printable DVD's that is) and look great!! And I wouldnt buy the cases off Nintendo you can get white DVD boxes from www.svp.co.uk cheap too - I got 30 posted just this week. The end product looks really nice if the DVD covers are printed on some thick glossy photo paper.

KINGOFNOOBS

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok I got some info for some who are intrested in this.

Get some white DVD cases, you can get 100 of them for 30$.
http://www.shop4tech.com/item1189.html

After that get some DVD inserts, I'd go with matte since glossy has some problems with inkjet printers.
http://www.shop4tech.com/item1570.html

If you want your games to REALLY look like Wii games, then I'd go with some verbatim lightscribe DVD's with some offical Nintendo Wii cases uses the matte paper. I don't care for that though so I'm going with the above.

I'll post some picture once I buy them and make some cases.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Get yourself a Epson R300 printer! These baby's print right on the DVD (if you buy full face printable DVD's that is) and look great!! And I wouldnt buy the cases off Nintendo you can get white DVD boxes from www.svp.co.uk cheap too - I got 30 posted just this week. The end product looks really nice if the DVD covers are printed on some thick glossy photo paper.
Can totally recommend this as I have an R300 myself. With full face Verbatim printables the results are excellent.
There is a whole range of Epsons now that do the CD printing thing, so you don't have to get the big-ass R300 if space is a problem.
The Epson software you get with it controls the printing side of things with a nice easy to use interface as well.
/Epson advertisement over.
biggrin.gif

michaelf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel that with the cost of all the hardware, materials, and hours you could have bought a few games. Even more if you went used. If I were Nintendo, I also wouldn't send a guy a bunch of manuals without being pretty suspicious. It almost sounds like you're gearing up to sell some bootleg games on ebay or out in front of a taquería someplace. But hey, what do I know.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If your that desperate to make your games look real then why not just buy like real games lol?!

I think calling up Nintendo and asking for a manual is going a bit too far and once you have a few games you'll probably run out of room and ditch the cases but that aside it sounds good.

smile.gif

KINGOFNOOBS

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I feel that with the cost of all the hardware, materials, and hours you could have bought a few games. Even more if you went used. If I were Nintendo, I also wouldn't send a guy a bunch of manuals without being pretty suspicious. It almost sounds like you're gearing up to sell some bootleg games on ebay or out in front of a taquería someplace. But hey, what do I know.
I actually own alot of Wii games, Red Steel, Metal Slug Anthology, Madden, Mario Party, Metal of Honor, Godfather. I'm not rich tho so I will pirate the games that i'm only intrested in and buy the good 3rd party games (they need support) and smash bros!

Hey your case looks nice, how'd you make it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: