Wii Case Mod into original Xbox

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by thebobinc, Jun 28, 2009.

Jun 28, 2009
  1. thebobinc
    OP

Member thebobinc GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    there is 2 other guys that made a case mod for the wii ,

one with an small 2.5 inch drive inside the Wii ,

link : http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=11383

the other one with an case stand to store originally inside an wiimote an a nunchuk ,

link : http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=154808

those two are very nice project ,

today i flash when i saw an old cadavra of an original Xbox it gave me an idea when i saw the stand for the dvd drive of the original xbox, it seem very similar to the wii itself .

it could easily hold the Wii and it leaving a lot of place for the hdd that can be power on by the original power supply of the Xbox , i look also there could be some place for the Wii power supply inside , leaving you only two outlet to plug into the wall , the power bottom could also be attach to the power bottom of the Xbox , and inside the cover it would be easy i think to put the sensor bar inside as well , for ventilation , the original fan of the xbox should make it safe for nothing bad to happen because of heat

then the final idea that i had is with the controller port of the xbox it could be easily change for a usb hub that could give you 4 usb port , i'm not sure if this part is possible but i'm sure i could otherwise use those port as and usb extension at the worst case,

i will try to work on this and take some picture

for the moment i'm still looking for the top cover of that case , otherwise i will buy an old xbox this week if i can't find my top cover of the case,

if someone as suggestion or ideal feel free

thanks

2. SFenton

Member SFenton ಠ_ಠ

United States
    Try the Hardware section.

3. thebobinc
    OP

Canada
    i was not sure where to post it , i saw the first one inside the hacking section , a search trough the hardware section but did not see any other topic in these subject [​IMG]

sorry if it is in the wrong section if it is the case can an moderator move this in the proper section thanks and sorry

4. SFenton

Member SFenton ಠ_ಠ

United States
    No worries, they just know more about the innards of the Wii there.

5. hartleyshc

Member hartleyshc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    there should be enough room.
    the drive access might be the toughest part. everything else could be done. *you would have to hard wire the old xbox fan since it is powered from the motherboard.*

the power button should not give you any problems, just hardwire it to the wii power button.

the plugs in the back might be a little trouble. not sure how you will extend the wii ports, unless you don't mind the cables running inside the case.

edit: I have a few spare xboxs sitting around here. Ill strip one tonight and tell you how well it all fits.

6. ThaKillerKlown

Member ThaKillerKlown GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I did the 2nd one. I have been planning on putting it all inside an old NES case... we will see.

7. thebobinc
    OP

Canada

hehe that would be nice but at the same time the NES case is now an artifact loll you sould maybe keep it the way it is [​IMG]

but in the same time it would be nice hehe

8. hartleyshc

Member hartleyshc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It can be done. There was one that was done where they didnt even remove the wii case, they cut the inside of the nes and just set it inside the shell.
    If you dismantled the wii, you might be able to fit it all without cutting the back. *but might want to anyways, for air flow.*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTs8c4r8m94

edit: you might be able to get your mod to fit if you went down to a 2.5", or 1.8" drive. I don't think there will be enough room for a 3.5".

9. thebobinc
    OP

Canada
    i just tried to play little bite with the case and the wii fit perfectly inside the xbox don't even need to take it out of the wii case , i did not remove the mother board of the xbox it stand on the heat sink, of course i'm not planing to plug the mother board back [​IMG]

for the fan it car be attach to an Y splitter for pc case for those type of fan , i can go any further at the moment since i don't have the hdd stand of the xbox and also the top cover , i look aroud pawn shop this week to get one and finish wath i started,

by removing the metallic ground shield in the xbox it let you the possibility to use all GC controller and memory card

10. thebobinc
    OP

Canada
    i need some help for the wiring of the front panel of the wii , i found an schema of the front panel of the xbox here is the pic

[​IMG]

if anyone as an ideal or suggestion feel free thank