Wii can't connect to FreeNAS Samba shares but Windows works fine, where are the logs?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by shawly, May 31, 2017.

1. shawly
    OP

shawly Member

Newcomer
    May 23, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Hey guys,

so I've used WiiMC to play old movies on my CRT, I haven't done that in a while and in that time I had to reinstall my NAS.
    The thing is, I can't connect to my NAS anymore, not with WiiMC, not with FCEUGX, Snes9x GX or WiiExplorer, it seems my Wii in general has a problem with FreeNAS, since I quickly created a Windows share which it connected to just fine.

Can anyone tell me if there is any way I can look at some logs to find out why exactly the Wii doesn't like my FreeNAS anymore?

2. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an Enlightened Being

GBAtemp Patron
    WeedZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 13, 2015
    United States
    The State of Denial
    I've never used nas. But, why don't you just use file share and ftp. Samba is more for Linux

3. shawly
    OP

shawly Member

Newcomer
    May 23, 2014
    Gambia, The
    wat

I want to play my movies from my NAS based on FreeBSD which I can't connect to and I wanna know why it keeps failing to connect and for that I need log files.

4. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an Enlightened Being

GBAtemp Patron
    WeedZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 13, 2015
    United States
    The State of Denial
    Nevermind, from the title I thought you were trying to stream from Windows.

5. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
  6. shawly
    OP

shawly Member

Newcomer
    May 23, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I found the reason why I couldn't connect, I had to add the workgroup to my username, I didn't have to do this before but now I seem to have to.. Seems the latest Samba update is the reason for this. And I had to allow guest access for some reason, I don't get why this is necessary since I have put in my username and password..

Last edited by shawly, Jun 1, 2017