Homebrew Wii buzzes when turned off

comsam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone.

I have a strange problem on my wii after I've updated it to 4.1e cios38 rev13b. When I turn it completely off [red light] it makes a little buzzing noise, not as loud as when I press the eject button but kind of the same sound. When I just turn the wii off to standby [orange light] it makes no sound at all.
Yeah not to forget, i'm using preloader .29 and have tried to turn on "Ignore standby", did not help.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
maybe there's a bee in there?
tongue.gif

comsam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I listened a bit closer, and it wasn't the console, it's the power adapter!?! What's up with that? It only makes that sound when the wii is off, no sound from it when it's on or in standby...???

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
stupid big ugly poswer brici mine had the same problem but it caught fire a month ago but no worries that probly wont happen and i think it was my sisters falut who lit it on fiure

comsam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Googled a bit, and it looks like it's not a big deal, just a little annoying! But it's only when the wii is turned off, and usually I have it on standby.

Thanks guys.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Pippin666 said:
Bladexdsl said:
wiiman123 said:
Get rid of that power adapter.... your house will thank me later... lol

and how will the wii turn on without it?
Well you buy another one idiot.

your the idiot saying to get rid of it than buy another one OMG LOL! dumbass arabs wait how can you even play a wii they don't have power in the deserts!
rolleyes.gif

t.i

JohnnyCheeks

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
your the idiot saying to get rid of it than buy another one OMG LOL! dumbass arabs wait how can you even play a wii they don't have power in the deserts!
rolleyes.gif

Oh lawd, this thread went downhill fast...

Look OP, if it's making a buzzing sound, then it's probably high time that you replace it with a new one. Unless you want your house to burn down, I'd recommend calling Nintendo customer support first, as they might replace it for you no questions asked. Provided you didn't mess with it. AND DON'T MENTION IF YOUR SYSTEM IS MODDED, use common sense...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte