Hardware Wii Broken - What are my options?

resres

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, my Wii is broken. There are two main issues with it:

-It produces artifacts on the screen when playing any game (Wii/GC/VC) [this has been ongoing, but since it was out of warranty, we lived with it]
-The CD drive is broken(?)-- it gives an error message when you put a CD in and it makes a clicking noise [this is a problem]

The Wii has never been modded and is about 2-3 years old, so way over the warrant period. What are my options and what would be the best solution? Here is what I am thinking as my options:

-Get it repaired by Nintendo (not sure what the price is)
-Replace the CD drive with one off the internet (need more info on this, I don't know much) and stick with the artifacts
-Buy a new Wii (holiday sales/bundles galore)

I am thinking about modding it, so that's another thing to take into consideration. Would replacing the CD drive with something else be a step in the right direction when it comes to modding?

So yeah.. what are my options in addition to these and what would you guys do? Thanks!

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
You could call Nintendo's customer service and see how much it'll cost you. Since it isn't modded, they'll probably repair it for less than a modded console. Repairs from Nintendo is probably the best situation here.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pay ninty to fix it and when you get a good one mod it
smile.gif

resres

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the responses, looks like I'll be sending it asap and going back here for mod advice. =D

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If DVD drive itself is broken, then just go online and buy a broken Wii to replace the drive.

For artifact you must send it to Nintendo to fix it. Sometimes they'll just give you a refurbished Wii instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end