Hardware Wii Bricked?

bebetaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
This is my first post and I'm very, very new to the hack scene. Sorry this might be a long post but I will try to described the test I have followed as much as I could.

I bought a Jap Wii (equiped with a D2CPro) a few month back. I bought the Wii Fit for my partner for Xmas and bad surprise, it did not want to load (Shaun white snowborading which also uses the balance board did load). So after a month and a half of reading forums, learning a little bit of everything about the Wii, I decided to change the chip (at that stage I didn't know what chip was in the Wii) for a Wiikey 2.

The removal and replacement of the chip was no issue, open, desolder, solder, close... no biggy. Start the Wii, no problem, insert Wiikey setup, select update: NONE, save, insert Jap game... still good. Now some of my back up games, wouldn't run (while they use to with the D2CPro)... a bit anoying... but even more anoying the Wii Fit, still doesn't work!

So more reading and more problem, I updated the 3.1J to 3.4J by mistake while I was online (I have no idea what the japanese scrbbles on the screen mean!). So I then come accross AnyRegionChanger v1.1b. That's is, enough of Jap on the screen and not working game, for sure if I change everything in the Wii from Jap to Australia (PAL) the Wii fit will work. so first step, I downgrade from 3.4J to 3.2J which seemed to work. next I run AnyRegionChanger, and change all the parameter to PAL and Australia. download the new system menu and everything else.

Yeah system 3.2E all working, english everywhere and above all wii fit working (meaning here comes some brownie points with the miss
biggrin.gif
:D)

And then big mistake, I insert a back up of Big Brain Academy go to the disk channel, select start, and then straight away, a black screen. Now I can only turn the wii on by pressing the eject button. when pressing the ON button, nothing happen and I can only hear a slight tic tic tic coming from inside the wii. the ON button does however turn the wii OFF when held for 5 Sec.

I tried to insert a Savemii dongle, it shows up as 3.2(AUS) the insert a bootable ISO of AnyRegionChanger and all I get is:

identifying as SU...OK!
Initializing Filesystem driver....OK!
Init SYSCONF....OK!
Error getting settings ! 1, 3 , 2, 1, - 24578

and then nothing, the only thing I can do is turn the wii off.

Help please!
Sebastien.

"afif95 Posted Today, 11:24 AM
I think it's a hardware failure.

Booting a game DOES NOT and WILL NOT produce that problem. Especially when you just launched that game and not having an update prompt.

bebetaz Posted Today, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the quick reply.

I saw on the savemii website they mention something about the bluetooth module to be replaced if if the wii doesn't boot. does it sound like it could be the problem? and if it is how the hell did it fail?

Thanks,
Sebastien.

afif95 Posted Today, 11:34 AM
I don't know how it'd fail.

See if your remotes conenct (Which is supposed to since you got the Wii up and running by pressing Reset)

If those things connect, it's not your bluetooth module.

I think it has something to do with motherboard, but dont ask me, or others in this Wii Hacking Section. Go to the Wii Hardware place.

bebetaz Posted Today, 11:37 AM
Thanks for your help, I wasn't too sure where to post. I will copy my post in the hardware section.

Thanks,
Sebastien."

Cygoku

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why don't you try to sell it back to someone else (eBay) and get a brand new wii from your region than use a softmod ??

Cygoku

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: byes +1