Wii bricked, Need help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by WomboCombo, May 25, 2010.

May 25, 2010

Wii bricked, Need help by WomboCombo at 4:11 AM (691 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. WomboCombo
    OP

Newcomer WomboCombo Newbie

Canada
    I played Wind Waker on my wii not that long ago and today I went to boot it up and I got WII SYSTEM FILES ARE CORRUPT etc.
    I googled around and found an autoboot disc of a WAD Manager or something, so I'm at the screen and it says press 1 to read from sd slot or 2 from usb storage device

Im not sure how to restore my wii so that it fixes itself from this point on or if its even possible. Please help!

2. DarkShadow96

Member DarkShadow96 LA96£

Canada
    That message use to happen to me then it stopped showing. To be honest, I'm not so sure what makes it to appear but it'll stop showing up.

3. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    do u have an old rev of preloader installed without a patched system menu IOS?

that is the most common reason for that message (in my opinion)

4. WomboCombo
    OP

Newcomer WomboCombo Newbie

Canada
    I have a Wiikey modchip and thats the only thing I've ever done to it, I got it modded pretty close to the release date. Sometimes my wii wont even show a picture, sometimes it'll go to a black screen and sometimes it goes to the press A health and safety screen.

I accidentally installed a wrong region game once and got that opera option menu error, but I fixed that. The last game I played that was an actual Wii game was either Brawl or Mario Kart. I'm not entirely sure what's happened to it.