Hardware Wii Bricked due to unknown reasons.

Nix_Lon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I currently own a RVL-001-40 model.

The Wii sometimes goes black screen, where the unit goes bricked like I can't boot Priiloader and stuff, but when time pass by it would run normally again.

Last week, the Wii got a black screen again, I got annoyed by the issue, I disassembled the Wii and checked if the bluetooth module or Wi-Fi module seating was not seated properly, so I reseated them.

I tried booting my Wii and it never returned back to its normal state anymore after the reseating process.

QueenZircon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the Wii display anything on the TV or not?

Some Possible Problems:

Problem: The Bluetooth module is not seated properly.
Solution: Take the Wii apart and carefully re-seat the connector.

Problem: You removed the thermal paste (gray stuff) from on top of the Bluetooth module and it is overheating.
Diagnosis: Let the Wii sit unplugged for a while, then try it again. If that was it, then it will briefly work.
Solution: Buy new thermal paste and put it on the metal plate where the old blob was.

Problem: Your hands delivered a static shock to a delicate component.
Diagnosis: Nothing at all is displayed on the TV.
Solution: Your Wii is worse than bricked; it is is dead. Buy a new Wii. :(

Reactions: Deleted User

Nix_Lon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I disassembled the unit again, and I removed the bluetooth module and returned it again, the Wii does respond with the Wiimote Power Button, but it won't if the bluetooth module isn't present, so the bluetooth module isn't faulty.

Last edited by Nix_Lon,

Nix_Lon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Update: I replaced the Wi-Fi module that confirms to work since I bought another Wii unit (RVL-001-20). The results were still the same, black screen and no sounds in the (RVL-001-40)

But after restarting it many times, the unit finally booted. Due to my curiosity, I tested the supposedly broken WiFi module to the other Wii unit (RVL-001-20), and it works....?

It boots well, System Menu works and all, it's just very odd it works without any problems whatsoever.

Edit: Grammar and clarifications.

Last edited by Nix_Lon,

Nix_Lon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Update #2: The Wii (RVL-40) seems to have a problem deeper than what I expected it to be. It seems like the root cause is nowhere between the Wi-Fi module nor the Bluetooth module.

Eh, I will primarily use the other Wii unit (RVL-20) and use the current unit (RVL-40) for salvaging parts since I took every save I have in the Wii internal storage. How can I upload videos here so I could show the issue?

Last edited by Nix_Lon,

Nix_Lon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I might sound like an ass for bumping this thread but I got some news again.

My friend's RVL-40 unit has the same issue too. (Wii Remote not connecting, no signal, and no sleep mode)
So I attempted to replace the Wi-Fi module, and the results were surprising. There is no signal and sound but the Wii Remote does pair with the console, sleep/standby mode does work when the POWER button was pressed once only.

Later on, I unexpectedly successfully booted the System Menu properly once, used LetterBomb and initiate a NAND dump using BootMii, and accidentally turned off the unit and the Wii doesn't work again which made me waste the opportunity to install Priiloader.

Unfortunately, I forgot to install Priiloader from their unit which means there is no way to access BootMii so I am lost.

Last edited by Nix_Lon,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

I might sound like an ass for bumping this thread but I got some news again.

My friend's RVL-40 unit has the same issue too. (Wii Remote not connecting, no signal, and no sleep mode)
So I attempted to replace the Wi-Fi module, and the results were surprising. There is no signal and sound but the Wii Remote does pair with the console, sleep/standby mode does work when the POWER button was pressed once only.

Later on, I unexpectedly successfully booted the System Menu properly once, used LetterBomb and initiate a NAND dump using BootMii, and accidentally turned off the unit and the Wii doesn't work again which made me waste the opportunity to install Priiloader.

Unfortunately, I forgot to install Priiloader from their unit which means there is no way to access BootMii so I am lost.

Thak you for your Update and keeping us informed over your Case.:yay:

Very,very sad to hear of your "Troubles" now......and your Time you have invested...:(
Maybe a re-assembling/re-seating from the WiFi Module helps again ?

Nix_Lon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
After multiple trial and errors from the two RVL-40 Wii Units, it seems helpless unless I would find the shortly manually for my former Wii unit. (which I don't have experience with yet)

My conclusion: Neither Wi-Fi/Bluetooth module are the issue, they've been working all along.

• My friends Wii (RVL-40) seems to boot System Menu properly since standby mode is present except there is no sound and video output and no present feedback to the Wii Remote.
  • My former Wii (RVL-40) likely has the Wi-Fi module electrical attachments broken since the bluetooth module was able to connect with the Wii Remote (power only). Removing the Wi-Fi module while the unit is running doesn't shutdown the console immediately unlike my friends RVL-40, but removing the bluetooth module with the same circumstances does shutdown immediately though.
Since my friends Wii seems to detect the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth module properly, I tried running them with and without them.
  • Wi-Fi module only - Console turns on, can't initialize shutdown/standby with one press on the power button. Needs to be forced shutdown.
  • Bluetooth module only - Console turns on, can't initialize shutdown/standby with one press on the power button. Wii Remote can turn on the unit only; can't pair further. Needs to be forced shutdown.
  • Wi-Fi/Bluetooth module - Console turns on, System Menu (might've) boots, it can initialize shutdown/standby with one press on the power button. Wii Remote pairs properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/nUrYC-wHwzQ?si=CIF5SWwWIx4sXmqH