1. Nix_Lon

OP Nix_Lon Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    I currently own a RVL-001-40 model.

The Wii sometimes goes black screen, where the unit goes bricked like I can't boot Priiloader and stuff, but when time pass by it would run normally again.

Last week, the Wii got a black screen again, I got annoyed by the issue, I disassembled the Wii and checked if the bluetooth module or Wi-Fi module seating was not seated properly, so I reseated them.

I tried booting my Wii and it never returned back to its normal state anymore after the reseating process.

2. QueenZircon

QueenZircon Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Does the Wii display anything on the TV or not?

Some Possible Problems:

Problem: The Bluetooth module is not seated properly.
    Solution: Take the Wii apart and carefully re-seat the connector.

Problem: You removed the thermal paste (gray stuff) from on top of the Bluetooth module and it is overheating.
    Diagnosis: Let the Wii sit unplugged for a while, then try it again. If that was it, then it will briefly work.
    Solution: Buy new thermal paste and put it on the metal plate where the old blob was.

Problem: Your hands delivered a static shock to a delicate component.
    Diagnosis: Nothing at all is displayed on the TV.
    Solution: Your Wii is worse than bricked; it is is dead. Buy a new Wii. :(

3. Nix_Lon

OP Nix_Lon Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    I disassembled the unit again, and I removed the bluetooth module and returned it again, the Wii does respond with the Wiimote Power Button, but it won't if the bluetooth module isn't present, so the bluetooth module isn't faulty.

Last edited by Nix_Lon, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Gue_la
    This message by Gue_la has been removed from public view by VinsCool, Mar 25, 2020, Reason: 1 word post.
    Mar 25, 2020 Show
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Bricked, unknown, reasons