Hacking Wii bricked after attempt to install SoftMii

Xrystal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really don't need a lesson on how to read instructions, I read them well but nearly nothing corresponded. All the names were different, the options as well. What I really need to know is :

Can the AnyRegion Changer included in the SoftMii 2.1.1 pack un-brick my Wii? Because it bricked it the first time I used it. If there is another version, can someone link it to me?

Thanks!

jlg6184

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, I had some issues with anyregionchanger, and that is why I ultimately didn't use it. Too many ways I could screw up, and if there is a way I typically find it. My recommendation would be instead of downgrading with anyregionchanger, just use the downgrader. For more information read this thread:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118446

Just down grade to 3.2 (you will have to pick whichever region you are in.) Once it is downgraded you can go back to the SoftMii manual to install the preloader and CIOSCorp...This is just my opinion and is the manual I used instead of the AnyRegionChanger method. But it is up to you what you do. Good luck in whatever method you try.

(also I am not sure how well this will work with your brick at this stage of the game, and I would wait to see if anyone agrees with this method before attempting it)

nehe32

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
nyboy42 said:
are you kidding me? the guide is thoroughly clear and well written....how could u mess up something as easy as that. I followed the instructions and it worked like a charm.....how are your grades in school?

because grades in school are in a direct relation to how well you can use softmii on your wii

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Xrystal said:
I really don't need a lesson on how to read instructions, I read them well but nearly nothing corresponded. All the names were different, the options as well. What I really need to know is :

Can the AnyRegion Changer included in the SoftMii 2.1.1 pack un-brick my Wii? Because it bricked it the first time I used it. If there is another version, can someone link it to me?

Thanks!

Common sense should have told you to stop and question why nothing is matching up
wink.gif

Xrystal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Sstew:
Is there a place where I can find a manual that will match up with what I have?

@jlg6184:
Did you brick your Wii when you used AnyRegion Changer? If so, how did you correct it? With the downgrader?

jlg6184

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I didn't brick it, I just didn't trust it. I started to use it, but the more I read, the more problems I saw that I could encounter and used the downgrader method instead...But it installs the system menu you pick, so it theoretically should fix your problem, as it sounds like something didn't install right.

menage730

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i agree use the cios downgrader & reinstal systemmenu & to be on the safe side i would update & redo the whole process again as for the whole softmii issue lets get serious it doesnt brick wiis people brick wiis all it does is really guide you into making your wii brick recoverable if its softmodded with the starfall hacks in anyregion changer & the preloader option which is pretty much like a bios for the wii so if you do brick you it will be a semi-brick instead of a perma-brick which i think youll need a mod-chip to recover it correct me if im wrong

Xrystal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@menage730:
Cios installer and re-installation of system menu, are you suggesting me to use SoftMii package to do that or jlg6184's method?

@jlg6184:
Can I still use your downgrade method at the state my Wii is?

menage730

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes since you dont want to use the arc but i would recommend the arc so you can have the starfall hacks until you are comfortable enough to remove everything & start fresh cios downgrader install systemmenu 3.2 then ios downgrader just a note i dont have softmii but installred it on a couple wiis just for the preloader & the arc with starfall hacks just so it will be a little harder to brick

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed