Wii Brick - Please help my wii won't switch on ??

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Aezeroony, Jan 21, 2010.

Jan 21, 2010
  1. Aezeroony
    OP

Newcomer Aezeroony Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi,

Major problems with my wii, i softmodded my wii some time ago with the old twilight hack so i never got a nand back-up no bootmii etc, anyway I updated to 4.2 with one of the custom updates which was only supposed to install the files i needed.

Anway, i did this then went into the hombrew channel and on doing so it crashed and switched itself off, now it won't boot or anything, the red power light comes on but when i press it, it turns quickly to yellow then straight off.

I know my wii is bricked but is there any hope whatsoever, as in flashing the nand with infectus or something like that ?, please please help anyone.

Thanks in advance,

Aezeroony.

2. cobleman

Member cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Sounds more like something went wrong inside the unit it shouldnt just turn its self off
    My cousins Wii he bricked cos of 3.4 update on Mario tennis the power still worked and disks in and out
    Did you unplug it then try to turn it on again?

3. Aezeroony
    OP

Newcomer Aezeroony Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi,

Yes i tried everything but it jusy won't power up, red power light is on but won't do anything else, please help somebody ??.

Aezeroony.

4. D1RTMANN

Newcomer D1RTMANN Member

United States
    This sounds stupid but sometimes you may need to reset the ac adapter by leaving the ac adapter unplugged from the wall and the system for full 2 minutes, you may want to unplug all other devices as well like usb, sd etc. After you've waited 2 minutes, plug the AC adapter into the Wii system and directly into a wall outlet, not a surge protector or power strip, Try the simple stuff first.

If you still only get those lights from Red to Yellow then off. Then I would suggest trying a friends ac adapter.

If gets a green light,

1. Do you have bootmii installed as boot2?

2. Can you get the Wii into recovery mode? This requires a Gamecube Controller, and the ability to press all 4 directions on the D-Pad (Connected to Port 4). When you power on the Wii, press all 4 directions down, and it should go into a recovery menu.
    If you have a Nintendo Brand controller, you will need to take it apart, and just push on the rubber pad inside, for the D-Pad, cause the D-Pad has a nub that makes it really difficult to press all 4 at once. (Do not try third party controllers, they say they do not work for this.)

3. If none of the above work, your only way is a infectus chip, Good news is you have your keys, A must in recovery.

Hope this helps.

_D1rtmann

5. razorback78

Member razorback78 GBAtemp Maniac

Philippines
    happened to me twice i think.