OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,

a friend of mine got a wii, he said he successfully mod it and install bootmii as boot2. He happen to update something and now the wii is brick, turn on with a black screen.
He said he didn't do the nand backup.

Is there any chance to recover this?

Thanks in advance

psxiso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the link, i'll take a look.

I dont know what's he's updating but i guess he hack his wii while on v3 something, then play a game or go online which force him to update the firmware to 4.2 that brick it.

psxiso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'll get his console tomorrow and see what happen. so far he told me he turn on with black screen. if he did install bootmii as boot2, is it possible for the black screen to happen? i thought if you can install bootmii as boot2, even when brick, you can press reset to get into bootmii? or is it once the update happen, bootmii will be gone?

wes11ph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
psxiso said:
I'll get his console tomorrow and see what happen. so far he told me he turn on with black screen. if he did install bootmii as boot2, is it possible for the black screen to happen? i thought if you can install bootmii as boot2, even when brick, you can press reset to get into bootmii? or is it once the update happen, bootmii will be gone?

if he updates over the internet, surely boot2 will gone.
but if he just use some homebrew updater. there's a possibility to bring it back from the deads.

or maybe...
a/v cable is not connected.. lol..

psxiso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the hints, i'll ask him about being online or not? how about update from game disc?
I doubt that the av cable...I hope it is.

is there a collection of tool that i can load into the SD card and make the system boot or at least give some signal that help identify the problem?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When he turns the wii on it should blink the blue light once and then twice really fast.If it does this then bootmii as boot2 is still there.

If that works then you can load bootmii once you get the sd card with the proper files on it and then you should be able to boot into HBC or system menu perhaps.

psxiso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
HI guys, I have his console now, I put in bootmii in my SD card and turn on the wii, it go straight to bootmii and I can backup the NAND. The problem is he doesn't have the backup of his nand so i can't do a restore. What can i do?

EDIT: also he said when he try to hack his wii, he only able to have the homebrew channel install then after its give him a black screen.
Thanks

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Things needed:
Gamecube pad
Cboot2 with wadmanager GC mod

put cboot2 on sd card and plug in GC pad turn on wii

cboot2 replaces bootmii folder with it's own folder so it boots straight to cboot2 instead of bootmii

boot cboot2 wad manager install IOS60v6174 and system menu 4.0 or 4.1 for your region wads in that order and then power down and remove sd card power on and see if the wii will boot.

If it boots update HBC and bootmii and make a nand backup and then you can go from there

psxiso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi but where can I get IOS60v6174 and system menu 4.0 or 4.1? my system is PAL?

Do I use NUSD v1.3 to get these file and pack them into WAD?
Sorry im really noob.

psxiso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I download Cboot2 v16 and extract to my SD card, download Wad.Manager.1.5.Folder.wiiNinja.Mod3 and extract to my sd card.
SD:
boot.dol (from cboot2)
startup.elf (from cboot2)
bootmii
apps
wad

When I turn on the wii, it go into bootmii menu, I choose homebrew channel, and it load up homebrew channel showing cboot2 v16. So I run it, choose load and then I get this Error below:

IOS version 00240412
From Internet....

For a fews second and it come up with few more line of error and return to homebrew channel.

What do I miss?
Please help me......

Thank you.

psxiso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bad news is the cboot2 method doesn't really work...Once i gather all the files cert, tmd etc...it still give error something bad tik signiture.

Good news is...
I notice i can go into homebrew channel, all i need is to run wad manager to install the IOS and System menu you mention. I run wad manager and it load, but my DDR mat don't work, wii mote is not sync. so I use Wad.Manager.1.5.Folder.wiiNinja.Mod3.rar which claim to work with gamecube controller. so I try that and it work on my DDR Mat. So I go ahead install IOS60v6174 and system menu 4.0E and now the Wii alive again.
I immediately make a full nand backup of it now.

When I try to press reset while the wii is on, it just go into black for a second and back again, nothing change. i try to hold reset when power on and nothing happen. So i guess my friend never install priiloader.

What should I do next? should I follow this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 to hack the wii?
I have previous successful hack my own wii with that guide before.
I want to be Sure before i attempt to hack this wii.

THANKSSSSSSSSSS

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
psxiso said:
Bad news is the cboot2 method doesn't really work...Once i gather all the files cert, tmd etc...it still give error something bad tik signiture.

Good news is...
I notice i can go into homebrew channel, all i need is to run wad manager to install the IOS and System menu you mention. I run wad manager and it load, but my DDR mat don't work, wii mote is not sync. so I use Wad.Manager.1.5.Folder.wiiNinja.Mod3.rar which claim to work with gamecube controller. so I try that and it work on my DDR Mat. So I go ahead install IOS60v6174 and system menu 4.0E and now the Wii alive again.
I immediately make a full nand backup of it now.

When I try to press reset while the wii is on, it just go into black for a second and back again, nothing change. i try to hold reset when power on and nothing happen. So i guess my friend never install priiloader.

What should I do next? should I follow this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 to hack the wii?
I have previous successful hack my own wii with that guide before.
I want to be Sure before i attempt to hack this wii.

THANKSSSSSSSSSS

Priiloader works by moving the System Menu from it's default location and installing itself there instead - that's how it starts before the system menu.
This means updating or reinstalling (as you have done) uninstalls preloader from the Wii.

Your Wii is pretty much good to go again - if you have the homebrew channel, just update your cIOS.
Otherwise all you need to do really is (if you want) update to 4.2 (make sure you reinstall your cIOSes afterwards though, it installs STUB IOSes in their places).

Oh, and install the latest version of priiloader. Always good to have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: