Hacking Wii brick and need help bad

Miniova

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok people. My wii bricked. Here's how. I had homebrew on my wii and updated to 4.0U after it had it. Then I downgraded to 3.2U to be able to use the backup loader in case some of my games stopped working. I had to update to 3.3U i think to play brawl. A month went by and i never put bootmii or preloader or anything on it becuase i didn't think it would brick. Then one day my parents decided they wanted to play wii sports resort. So they did the disc update and it bricked my wii. I've been trying to do savemiifrii but it's not working. Is my wii unbrickable?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not by you. it needs the hands of somebody that knows what they are doing and with a infectious or whatever tool nintendo uses. you are now the owner of a tiny white boat anchor.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
:facepalm: Bootmii is essential,even if you think blahblah.also games aren't working depends on cIOS,not System Menu,final answer,unless maintenance mode,probably not

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
giantpune said:
not by you. it needs the hands of somebody that knows what they are doing and with a infectious or whatever tool nintendo uses. you are now the owner of a tiny white boat anchor.

what !
1-ani-phoenix-wargg.gif

Miniova

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mezut360 said:
its mininova (username)

does it have a modchip?
It's Miniova. and no. no modchip

QUOTE(lolzed @ Jan 12 2010, 06:07 AM) :facepalm: Bootmii is essential,even if you think blahblah.also games aren't working depends on cIOS,not System Menu,final answer,unless maintenance mode,probably not
I unfortunatly never had heard of bootmii until it bricked
frown.gif

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zuron7 said:
But I heard of something that can prevent bricks other than prii and Bootmii.
its called brains
smile.gif

this brick would have not happened he had used DOP-IOS to remove the stub IOSes ofter he downgraded his wii to 3.2. priiloader/preloader would not have helped out here at all.

Miniova

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zuron7 said:
It's dead.
I don't think you can repair it.
Would you care to explain? I'm willing to do anything besides sending it to nintendo at this point.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Miniova said:
zuron7 said:
It's dead.
Would you care to explain? I'm willing to do anything besides sending it to nintendo at this point.
you could have someone(on Temp,forgot his name,he had a red ava.)to fix it with an infectus chip,guess he would charge you for it,aside from that,savemiifrii

Miniova

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
Miniova said:
zuron7 said:
It's dead.
you could have someone(on Temp,forgot his name,he had a red ava.)to fix it with an infectus chip,guess he would charge you for it,aside from that,savemiifrii
I've been doing savemiifrii with an original gc controller and I can't get the recovery screen to come up though.... I'm good on getting a mod chip. I'd like to be able to send it off as a last resort. I'll bbl though... school is calling. Maybe I'll still be on the first page by the time i get back
tongue.gif

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
do you know what is funny???
A lot of people are bricking their wii and they didn't even read a single topic about softmod here!!!

after that, they brick it and create an acount to ask for help!!!!

it's written everywhere not to downgrade....

Im new to softmod and I have read a lot of topic here in one week before even thinking installing the homebrew channel! I wanted to be sure what I was doing..

Miniova

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pete666 said:
do you know what is funny???
A lot of people are bricking their wii and they didn't even read a single topic about softmod here!!!

after that, they brick it and create an acount to ask for help!!!!

it's written everywhere not to downgrade....

Im new to softmod and I have read a lot of topic here in one week before even thinking installing the homebrew channel! I wanted to be sure what I was doing..
Well sorry... i learned about the mod from my friend and i didn't think anything would happen. At least I'm making an attempt to fix it instead of still being stupid and sending it off now.

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sad story.

updated to 4.0 and then downgradeing to 3.2 (4.0 update would stub IOS50). Wii Sports resort has SM 3.4 on it and 3.4 runs from IOS50. System Menu 3.4 with a stub IOS50 = Full Brick.

No bootmii/boot2 then there is nothing to do but send it to Ninty.

Miniova

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lothlorian said:
Sad story.

updated to 4.0 and then downgradeing to 3.2 (4.0 update would stub IOS50). Wii Sports resort has SM 3.4 on it and 3.4 runs from IOS50. System Menu 3.4 with a stub IOS50 = Full Brick.

No bootmii/boot2 then there is nothing to do but send it to Ninty.
Thats what I was afraid of... lets hope that i get around the homebrew checkers.... heh

Miniova

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for double posting but i just remembered something. I think i installed the bootmii thing with the bannerbomb. Is there a way I could check it?
I've looked on my sd card and there isnt a bootmii folder though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night