biggrin.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great for the big N but would be more interesting if the PS3 was out and had the same amount of consoles available.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Most of the people that wanted the wii had the sense to pre order. Probably 80,000 of the wiis were pre ordered. If you hadn't pre ordered you were very lucky to get one. I just hope that everyone that wants a wii get one before christmas. Hopefully more wiis will appear at the end of the week.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great for the big N but would be more interesting if the PS3 was out and had the same amount of consoles available.

look at the US sales figures at the bottom.
Yeah saw that not sure how many PS3's there was in the stores over there but whatever US is very different to the UK when it comes to consoles, Nintendo home consoles do a lot better over there than here. I get a feeling the Wii will do better there's better advertising, media awareness and more people know about it then when the GC came out.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Comparing sales data for for videogame consoles upon release is kinda useless nowadays seeing how the demand for the machines far surpass the supply available. In the UK, MOST of the machines available at launch went to fufil preorders, with only a handful available to high street stores. I've seen a lot of unhappy people walk into stores trying to buy one and have just been turned away. Although there will be more shipments of the console... possibly this week and up till xmas, most retailers in my area don't expect any machines till after xmas. Thus first week sales are really not a good reflection of the success of a machine at launch.

Aside from the lack of units available the Wii seems to have had a good launch over here, there's a lot of buzz and attention from the media about it at the moment, far more so than the GC or Xbox 360 ever received.

=)

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
meh in my country there is absulutly no advertising for the wii at all yet they were all sold out when it got relased but i got it pre orderd but anyhow its kinda strange you know when i think about it i don't think i'v ever acctualy seen any kind of advertising for nintendo over here in norway lol

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I want to kill this thread so I'll go off topic here...off topic...

did you know that one of my friends said that they'd rather get a 360, even if the ps3 was the same price
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China