Wii Blackscreen after downgrade

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by eXtreaL, Jan 10, 2010.

Jan 10, 2010

Wii Blackscreen after downgrade by eXtreaL at 4:28 PM (1,148 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. eXtreaL
    OP

Newcomer eXtreaL Newbie

Netherlands
    Hello all!

So i softmodded my Wii yesterday with bannerbomb. Everything worked fine untill I wanted the backup loader channel on my HBC. I tried to install cios_installer but it gave me an error. On the internet i red that i had to downgrade my Wii to v3.2, so i tried this with cois downgrader 1.2. It said "restarting" for about 5 minutes and then i rebooted it. Then i tried to boot up my Wii again and the screen was all black. I tried rebooting and my controller wouldnt sync either. I looked up some forums and someone said you should get a GC controller and press all off the d-pad buttons at te same time with a gamedisc with the newest update on it. Should i try this, because i dont have a GC controller and have to buy one.

I hope you guys can help me because else i gotta send my Wii to Nintendo [​IMG]
    Thanks!

Poor wii :'(

2. daxtsu

Member daxtsu -

Antarctica
    If you updated to some update > 3.X and then downgraded, you're fully bricked, because IOS 30 was stubbed with the 4.X updates, assuming you didn't install IOS 30 first, which you likely didn't.

3. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    Bricky-poo im afraid. But since I know nothing of your system because you thoughtfully neglected to post that, I cannot say for certain. I am pretty sure that you broke your Wii, because you did not read anything properly. If english is not your first language then I apologize as most guides I know of that are actually good, are in english. However if you do speak and read in english, then you are just dumb.

rule 1 do not downgrade anything ever. There is no need to do so.
    rule 2 READ before you act

send it in its hopeless

4. eXtreaL
    OP

Newcomer eXtreaL Newbie

Netherlands
    So there's nothing i can try before sending it to Nintendo? Not even try SaveMii?

5. daxtsu

Member daxtsu -

Antarctica
    You could if you want, but it's probably futile now, if your IOS 30 is stubbed. A stub IOS runs no code == savemii won't work.

6. eXtreaL
    OP

Newcomer eXtreaL Newbie

Netherlands
    Ok so I'm just gonna send it to Nintendo and hope for getting a new one. The next time i'm modding it I'm just gonna stick using a HDD instead of trying to get backup launcher working.

Thanks guys.
    R.I.P Wii