Wii black screen on HDTV

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by llee8820, Nov 26, 2009.

Nov 26, 2009

Wii black screen on HDTV by llee8820 at 2:35 AM (1,374 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. llee8820
    OP

Newcomer llee8820 Member

United States
    So I have a old CRT at my apt that works just fine with my Wii. Today I brought over my Wii to my gf's place who has a Sharp HDTV and for some reason I always get a black screen, the sound is on and everything else is working because I can hear it, its just that I can't get a picture on this darn HDTV. Does anyone have any ideas why? Thanks.

2. acturus

Newcomer acturus Advanced Member

United States
    you're probably hooked up to the wrong inputs, make sure you aren't using the components and are using the av inputs

3. llee8820
    OP

Newcomer llee8820 Member

United States
    I can assure you that I am hooked up right. I didn't plug my composite cables into the component slot, just yellow to yellow, red to red, etc.

4. acturus

Newcomer acturus Advanced Member

United States
    i'm out of ideas then, sorry

5. toguro_max

Member toguro_max GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Have you ever tryed another eletronic device on those slots? Maybe the composite slots of your Sharp TV are malfunctioning.

Also, some TVs (it's rare, but it happens) kinda "mix" the component with the composite slots... What do I mean? I mean that they do not clearly differentiate both, letting it with the same colors.

6. llee8820
    OP

Newcomer llee8820 Member

United States
    Actually I came back to our apartment and it turns out that my Wii doesn't show video on my TV now too. Strange because it was working just a couple of days ago then poof..gone. Does anyone think this is a hardware issue or all of a sudden bricked? I got a mod chip in my wii so this is gonna be a pain if I have to send it back to Nintendo.

7. cobleman

Member cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Sometimes if you have a SDHC with bootmii on it , it can give you black screens

8. llee8820
    OP

Newcomer llee8820 Member

United States
    YOU WERE RIGHT!!! I took out my SDHC card and it skipped to the preloader screen. Thank you!! This totally scared the bejesus out of me.

But I still need my SDHC card to load usbloadergx, and ideas how I can fix it? Just delete bootmii off my SDHC card?

9. cobleman

Member cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Australia