Wii: Black screen at startup, but only with a disc inside

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by uzirider, Oct 7, 2009.

1. uzirider
    OP

Newcomer uzirider Member

Benin
    I'm really baffled by this, i never heard of such a problem, but now it happened to me. Basically, when I boot my wii and i have a disc in the tray it doesn't boot, the health warning never shows up and i get a blank screen. If I remove the disk (thank god i can eject at startup) it boots as usual. I'm really more annoyed than troubled by this, but it might be symptom of incoming brick so i better resolve it. I don't know what you might need to know so here are the basics: the wii is two years old, homebrew channel and bootmii are installed, the firmware is 3.4E, cios installed, never downgraded.

I hope you can tell me something, at least to understand what's going on. If you need to know anything else about my wii ask away. Thanks in advance.

2. lobfredd

Newcomer lobfredd Advanced Member

United States
    happend for me too :/

I just disabled all PreLoader hacks and the Solved [​IMG]

3. beegee7730

Banned beegee7730 ITS PAAFEKUTO!

United Kingdom
    Have you installed any odd channels?
    It could be that the system cant handle the animations.

4. uzirider
    OP

Newcomer uzirider Member

Benin
    No i don't have any strange channels, only the official ones (vc and wiiwares, mario kart channel, photo etc) and the HBC.

I don't think i have any preloader hack, except the bootmii in the boot2 (which doesn't work, by the way)

Oh, the issue seems to have solved itself, but i still wonder what caused it, just to avoid that in the future. It just struck me that it happened when i booted with Pes2009 USA (i have a PAL wii) that i left in the tray after i finished playing. Also it solved itself (apparently) after i launched bootmii from the homebrew channel, made a NAND backup and launched the wii system menu.