Hardware Wii Black Screem

AMURILLO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone tell me whats wrong with my wii,the problem is when i turn it on it just stays a black screen,i can turn it on with the wii remote and ive changed both wifi module and bluetooth module to see if that was the problem but it wasnt,it doesnt even get to the warning screen where you press the A button and ive used different power and video cables,the Wii i have isnt modded, any help would be appreciated thx

Nintendo_Chick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If your wii is still under warranty just send it back. If it's not you could try savemiifrii, but you need a trigram screw driver and a gamecube controller you don't mind opening up. Or some of the 3rd party controllers don't need to be opened to press down all the arrows, and even if they do, you won't need a trigram screwdriver. But if you didn't mod the wii at all I would guess it's a hardware issue.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
What started this wii screwing up?
If they just die randomly it usually is as you say either the wifi module or bluetooth module.

If it died during an update then the update screwed up and the wii is bricked and nintendo will need to repair it.

Either way, if it didn't die during an update and it has never been hacked and the BT and WIFI modules didn't work, its gonna have to go back to nintendo as its probably a component on board that has died as its very rare this happens.

AMURILLO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It must be the board then as ive tried a bluetooth module and wifi module from a working Wii as it wasnt connected to the internet to update and its not been modded to brick it thx anyway for the reply

snap_0714

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AMURILLO said:
It must be the board then as ive tried a bluetooth module and wifi module from a working Wii as it wasnt connected to the internet to update and its not been modded to brick it thx anyway for the reply
i had the black screen problem. also tried to change BT module and wifi. didnt work. tried composite cables. didnt work. lastly i tried a component cable. and it worked. then i had to change the setting back to 480i. try that. i saved one of my wiis

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
snap_0714 said:
AMURILLO said:
i had the black screen problem. also tried to change BT module and wifi. didnt work. tried composite cables. didnt work. lastly i tried a component cable. and it worked. then i had to change the setting back to 480i. try that. i saved one of my wiis
To be fair this shouldn't happen though.
I take my wii upstairs/downstairs every night. Upstairs TV is a big old CRT which I have hooked up by RGB cable and its running on 480i and downstairs is a hd lcd which I have hooked up by component, when going downstairs to the HD, the wii comes up fine using the components (even though it was just upstairs set to 480i), you do have to change the setting to get the proper 480p definition.
And the same the other way around. When leaving the HD tv and the 480p setting in the wii menu, I can go upstairs, plug it in to the standard def tv by RGB and it will come up on its own again pre set to 480i.

It can detect the cable and adjusts the resolution down as it needs from 480p. However it doesn't change it up to 480p when going the other way, but still displays through the component in 480i

snap_0714

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donkey Plonk said:
snap_0714 said:
AMURILLO said:
To be fair this shouldn't happen though.
I take my wii upstairs/downstairs every night. Upstairs TV is a big old CRT which I have hooked up by RGB cable and its running on 480i and downstairs is a hd lcd which I have hooked up by component, when going downstairs to the HD, the wii comes up fine using the components (even though it was just upstairs set to 480i), you do have to change the setting to get the proper 480p definition.
And the same the other way around. When leaving the HD tv and the 480p setting in the wii menu, I can go upstairs, plug it in to the standard def tv by RGB and it will come up on its own again pre set to 480i.

It can detect the cable and adjusts the resolution down as it needs from 480p. However it doesn't change it up to 480p when going the other way, but still displays through the component in 480i

its probably because of the firmware. my wii 4.2 can change back to 480i to 480p as well. but the one i tried to fix cannot. it was on firmware 2.2. everytime i move to a different cable i have to set it up. like switch to 480p on the settings remove the composite cable and put the component. then it works. and vise versa.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself