Wii Best of Breed

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ppc_gba, Sep 29, 2008.

Sep 29, 2008

Wii Best of Breed by ppc_gba at 10:22 AM (1,169 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. ppc_gba
    OP

Member ppc_gba GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ok, so I just wanted to get some opinions on what some of the better wii games are, especially since there are some categories of wii games with some variety.
    Let me get this out of the way first: we all know mario kart, super mario galaxy, and ssb:brawl are great games, but what about other, less-known wii games?
    I realize there are reviews on IGN but I'm looking for more opinions/comparisons between different games.
    Racing:
    According to some reviews, Need for Speed: Carbon is better than Need for Speed: ProStreet which is better than GT Pro. I have high hopes for Need for Speed: Undercover, which apparently hits stores (and the internet?) on Nov 17.
    What about Extreme Metal Racing (I just realized this game is not out yet.) or Classic British Racing? Driver: Parallel Lines has gotten conflicting reviews (although this is more of a gta clone than a racing game)... Ferrari challenge is new, but I think maybe the wii can do better graphically. MX vs. ATV Untamed seems to have gotten good reviews.

First Person Shooter:
    Well, I think until Call of Duty 6 or Call of duty: World at War comes out well have to make due with Call of Duty 3. This seems to have better environments (haven't played it so I can't say for sure) than Brothers in Arms: Double Time, although I think the Brothers in Arms collection is still good. I don't know if the Call of Duty series is better than Medal of Honor, both Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 and Medal of Honor: Vanguard got good ratings, and I think I would take Heroes 2 over Vanguard since it's newer and received a better rating.
    The conduit also looks like a cool game. What about Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (it is a bit old now I guess)?

Please post any games that I have missed, or info about unique games like No More Heroes (which I had never even heard of until recently). I think Nights is similar to Sonic, except it seems like you fly the whole time, but maybe someone could explain how it's good/different. Also: Lego Star Wars v. Lego Batman v. Lego Indiana Jones (crap there's more wii games than I thought)
    Can someone also post a list of games, such as Red Steel 2, that will require the MotionPlus addon? I would research more but I don't have the time right now.

If some games better games currently have issues/quirks when played as backups it might be helpful to mention that too, or anything else worth considering. (yes I know there's a wiki for backup compatibility, but it won't do any harm to post some info here too). Mostly what I'm looking for is reviews/info about the games, and comparisons.

Edit: can someone please post info/comparisons of different fighting games as well, or any other topics I missed (like RPG, although this is a little harder to do comparisons for).

2. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    The Wii is not the console most people go to for FPSs and Racing games.

NiGHTS is not similar to Sonic, but it's difficult to explain. Check youtube.

Very good post there by the way.

3. oligore

Newcomer oligore Member

New Zealand
    Resident evil 4 is pretty good even though it is a gamecube port

4. noobwarrior7

Member noobwarrior7 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    while a fine conversation, this doesn't belong in "Wii-Hacking" at all, there is a forum for it.

5. cosmo2389

Member cosmo2389 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    MotionPlus Compatible Games:

Wii Sports Resort
    Red Steel 2
    Un-named EA Tennis Game

Currently those are the only confirmed titles (on Wikipedia at least). There was some mentioning of a Star Wars Light Saber game that would utilize it so that motion capture could be better integrated, but that was just speculation.

Hope I helped!

6. ppc_gba
    OP

Member ppc_gba GBAtemp Regular

United States
    thx for the responses, maybe one of the mods could move this to wii games and general discussion so I'll get more info.