Homebrew wii banners custom made possible for downloaded games?

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
didn't you just make this same thread a few hours ago? i'd imagine that it's possible although i've never seen it done. you'd probably have to unpack the wad, locate the right file and replace it with a file of the same format and size.

powerfull Tails

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
smash_brew said:
didn't you just make this same thread a few hours ago? i'd imagine that it's possible although i've never seen it done. you'd probably have to unpack the wad, locate the right file and replace it with a file of the same format and size.

hrm..well i was wondering if i could do this without the use of a wad.

I think if the banners where stored as a png file or something by putting the game on my memory card i could edit em on my pc.

and btw i did create this thread some hours ago but it was in the wrong place where i would get no answer to my question so i abandoned it and moved it here to its proper place.

powerfull Tails

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
terminal_illness said:
lmao... do some research before posting a question like this.

No offence but is 'do some research' a answer to my question? so basically are you say it is possible? cuz if that's how your saying it thanks for the anwser.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also not to be a dick or anything...but...REALLY? DO YOU HONESTLY THINK NINTENDO WOULD DO THAT....really...u think they would just slap the banner in some normal picture file for your acessable pleasure? dude..think before u post lol no offence

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
i'm surprised no1 has mentioned customize mii....

anyways, @ the OP, it would be very easy to do (albeit not worth the effort, but that's debatable) and u do not need to unpack any wads but u will need to work with them. Here are some step by step instructions on how to do this

1) purchase a game from Wii Shop
2) dump the game to a wad using any ONE of the following methods
a) bluedump v3 (if u use the non-fakesigning version then you will only be able to reinstall the modified game/banner to your own Wii, if u use the fakesigning version then it can be installed on any Wii)
b) wad creator
c) make a bootmii nand dump, then use showmiiwads (on your PC) to extract the nand dump, then change the showmiiwads mode to showmiinand, then find your game, right click it and pack it into a wad
3) So now that you have the game you purchased from Wii Shop in Wad form, all you have to do is edit the banner. Download customize mii, and run it on your PC, then load the wad, edit it any way u like (music, images, title ID, etc., but this program cannot change the actual animation, that is much much more difficult). When your done, click create wad and save it to your sd card or fat32 usb hard drive.
4) on your wii, launch your preferred wad manager (ie. yawmm or mmm) then install your custom wad, it should overwrite the original you downloaded from Wii Shop and u should see your custom banner. Enjoy!
5) Steal underpants
6)???
7) Profit!

I cannot stress this enough, make sure u have brick protection in place before doing any of this. That means u should have bootmii, nand dump, and priiloader (if bootmii was installed as IOS only). Bad/untested custom banners or themes can brick you, so make sure to protect yourself and wrap it up dude!

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
alexenochs said:
also not to be a dick or anything...but...REALLY? DO YOU HONESTLY THINK NINTENDO WOULD DO THAT....really...u think they would just slap the banner in some normal picture file for your acessable pleasure? dude..think before u post lol no offence

So judging by Xflak's post, maybe you shouldn't be so harsh and also do your own research! Practice what you preach.

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CustomizeMii won't work for VC as it assumes a wad only has 00.app (banner), 01.app (NAND Loader), 02.app (Dol). VC games have far more than this asthey have the emulator and a few other things.

You're going to have to do this manually and use anumber of tools:
wwpacker1.84 is your bext bet for WAD manipulation (get 00.app from wad)
get a U8tool (HowardC or Xuzz/Icefire)
get an lz77 compressor/decompressor (I think one comes with wwpacker1.84
Then get Aether's Portapack Unplugged and use the tpl tool (or use gally's) to convert tpl to png
Edit and repack it all in reverse
Pain in the arse (be prepared to donate a day to it the first time you do it)

And be brick safe first!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: As long as you're not going hungry, it's nice to share things with your friends +1