MrAimenify

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hello. I have a question about the setting: "Enable full-scrubbing mode" on the Wii Backup Manager.

I tested a little with this setting. With this setting turned off, I got the game "Super Mario Galaxy 2" down to 1.30 GB. (The disk image is of course normally 4 GB large.)
I got the same result with this setting on.

The game will of course get the WBFS format and sends the game over to a FAT32 disk.

My question is, is "Enable full-scrubbing mode" any good to have? What makes this setting exactly? Is it necessary to have it on? Is it important? Is it good or bad?

/MrAimenify.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think full scrubbing means that only the game needed partitions will be copied, partitions like the update partition will be removed. I'm not sure if it only removes the update partition, maybe someone else can explain it.
edit: found something!
QUOTE said:
Added: Full scrubbing (clean) mode. Full scrubbing will use only used Wii disc sectors, the rest will be filled with zeros. Without full scrubbing, some junk data will remain.

MrAimenify

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
I think full scrubbing means that only the game needed partitions will be copied, partitions like the update partition will be removed. I'm not sure if it only removes the update partition, maybe someone else can explain it.
edit: found something!
QUOTE said:
Added: Full scrubbing (clean) mode. Full scrubbing will use only used Wii disc sectors, the rest will be filled with zeros. Without full scrubbing, some junk data will remain.

Hello. Thanks for your help. Wii Backup Manager has its own settings to select which partitions you want. There are three settings you can choose from.

Just have the game partition and delete the rest.
Delete only the update partition.
Keep all partitions.

We take a game like Super Smash Bros. Brawl. If I select "Delete only the update partition" and "Enable full-scrubbing mode", it will delete only the update partition, and keep the rest, such as Masterpieces of SSBB?

/MrAimenify.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte