Wii Backup Manager, WBFS Manager and WiU

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by mark86, Aug 10, 2010.

Aug 10, 2010
  1. mark86
    OP

Newcomer mark86 Newbie

Netherlands
    Hello everyone!
    I'm new here so excuse me if I'm posting this in the wrong section.

In the past, I have been using WBFS Manager 3.0 but now I’ve switched over to Wii Backup Manager 0.3.4 for a number of reasons;
    • -WBFS Manager can’t open .CISO (Compressed Iso), .WBFS and .RAR files, Wii Backup Manager can.
    • -Most of the backups on my local harddrive have the gameid as filename so I can’t quickly see what title it is. In WBFS Manager you first need to load a WBFS formatted disk before you can add ISO’s to the right pane, so you can view their Title, Region and BTS (PAL or NTSC). Using Wii Backup Manager, you don’t need a WBFS formatted disk, thus making it easier to quickly see which title is in the iso
    • -In Wii Backup Manager, I can import the whole folder and then choosing/mark which of the titles I want to copy to the WBFS formatted disk. In WBFS Manager I have to remove titles which I don’t want to copy from the right pane.
    Wii Backup Manager is a fine program, but I’ve still got a few questions, which you can maybe help me with.[*]In WBM, is there any quick way to edit GameTitles?[*]Is there a helpfile or usermanual for WBM?[*]Can I use WBM to change the BTS from NTSC to PAL or do I really need WiU to do that?[*]Can I add and edit Channels with WBM?[*]Is playing backup games from which the update hasn’t been removed really causing damage to softmodded Wii’s or does it just make the game possibly unplayable?[*]Can I use WBM to remove updates from games or do I really need WiU for that?[*]If not possible with WBM, is there any program ho can remove updates from .WBFS files? (WiU can only open ISO’s)[*]Is there any user friendly program that can do it all?
    that is: remove updates, edit gametitles, change NTSC to PAL, open .iso and .wbfs (maybe even .ciso and .rar) and opening those without having to disconnect your WBFS formatted disk from you Wii and connecting it to your PC.Really hope you can help me out here.
    And regarding my English… I’m from the Netherlands so please don’t bash me if I’ve misspelled some words.

Thank you all for your help!

Best regards,
    Mark

2. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    0. Upgrade to WiiBackupManager0.3.5 beta 1
    1. Activate the option "Use custom titles database"
    2. Maybe [​IMG]
    3. No, you can't convert NTSC to PAL.
    4. No.
    5. It's only dangerous if you are playing from the disc channel.
    6. Yes, you can use it to remove the update with the option "Remove update parition"
    7. /
    8. You could try it with these managers:
    http://gbatemp.net/t179085-9658-9658-9658-...-9668-9668#wbfs

3. mark86
    OP

Newcomer mark86 Newbie

Netherlands
    0. Done
    1. I have activated that option but I still can't find a way to change the name in WBM. I did find the option to overwrite the Original Title with the GameTitle, but no option to edit that name, or can I only change that in the titles.tst file?
    2. Okay
    3. Are you sure? In WiU you have the option to convert region from NTSC to PAL, okay you can never really convert it, but you can make NTSC playable on PAL devices and visa versa
    4. Okay
    5. So if I only use USB loader, I don't need to anything?
    6. What's the advantage of removing the Update and/or Channel installer partition(s)?
    And what are the disadvantages of removing them?
    Is it recommended to remove all partitions except the game partition?
    Does this only apply to games burned on DVD?
    8. I'll have a look, thanks!!

4. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    1. Rename the file with F2.
    3. You don't need to convert a game region, the USB loader will do this for you, and also if you are playing from DVD the modchips or softmods (like NeoGamma, Darkcorp, Priiloader,...) will do this for you.
    5. No, but it's better to delete the update parition to save space.
    6. The best thing you can do is to only remove the update parition. There are other parition types like in Super Smash Bros Brawl the parition for the virtual console games, but if you don't need them, you can also remove it. Oh, and the changes are permanent, not only on DVD.