Hardware Wii Backup Manager Question

temp4746

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I have a question about Wii Backup Manager, does someone know what all the different options in the titles tab do. Like what does "Use WiiTDB titles for files and folder names" do?
It seems cfg has it's own titles.txt file which can even be updated from it's options menu so I guess it's supposed to auto rename regardless didn't get to try with any games that have strange internal names. but it would be nice to figure out how to rename the files and folder names that are transferred to the wbfs folder for organization purposes. (I'd rather leave the internal names stored in the WBFS intact though)

This program really needs a manual so we can use all it's features.

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im pretty sure cfg uses the WiiTDB file, and the update feature just get the lastest file with the newest titles and whatnot. Its the same thing with the setting in Wii backup Manager if you enable it in the titles options.

temp4746

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Ryoku83 said:
Im pretty sure cfg uses the WiiTDB file, and the update feature just get the lastest file with the newest titles and whatnot. Its the same thing with the setting in Wii backup Manager if you enable it in the titles options.
Yeah checking CFG menu it seems it uses both WiiTDB.zip for displaying game info and titles.txt from WiiTDB for auto renaming.

But I'm still wondering what all the different settings in Wii Backup Manager titles option page do, they are a bit obscure and there is no help file available.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Allow me to add another question:

Are there any negative effects to clicking "Game Partition Only" under the general tab?

Seems to save about 200 MB with Sonic Colors.

Also, there's a setting under General called "Enable Full Scrubbing Mode".

Anyone know what this does? Seems like Wii Backup Manager already scrubs the games without it ticked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: