Hacking Wii Backup file names

Poposojo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi um i have a mario kart wii rom that says "RMCE01" patched with wiifimmi{not sure if i spelled it correctly}and the .wbfs extension. What should the file name be called? Should i renamed it mario kart wii or keep it as is? Also the file is still compressed, should i extract it? Any advice will do.

Last edited by Poposojo,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii games: /wbfs/Game Title [TitleID]/TitleID.wbfs (+ .wbf1 for > 4GB games) example: "/wbfs/DJ Hero 2 [SWBE52]/SWBE52.wbfs"
GC games: /games/Game Title [TitleID]/game.iso (+ disc2.iso for 2nd of 2-disc games) example: "/games/Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg [GEZE8P]/game.iso"

Works with any loader.

Reactions: EuroMIX

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi um i have a mario kart wii rom that says "RMCE01" patched with wiifimmi{not sure if i spelled it correctly}and the .wbfs extension. What should the file name be called? Should i renamed it mario kart wii or keep it as is? Also the file is still compressed, should i extract it? Any advice will do.
I don't think you need a patched ISO with USB Loaders, at least not USB Loader GX. There's an option in the settings for private server.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the generic patcher only replaces the URL and disable SSL, located in the main.dol
wiimmfi patcher for Mario Kart is also editing other files, like menu's text (to replace "nintendo" with "wiimmfi" text, and few other things), and also replace the match making algorythm to encouter people from all around the world more easily, instead of being stuck with "same region" random encounter.

The generic patcher work, but wiimmfi patcher has more elements/features. If you don't want to bother with the patcher, you can use the patcher option in the loader, and see if it suits you.

the loader can't patch the other files because they are not in memory at boot (and the loader is unloaded so it can't patch on the fly later when the file is loaded)

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."