Wii availability in mainland Europe

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by FAST6191, Jun 28, 2007.

Jun 28, 2007
  1. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    In a few hours I will going to Holland via France and probably Belgium, at present exchange rates it seems buying a Wii in Europe will be cheaper (I can sort power supplies and everything else myself so that is not really an issue).

So my question is are there any (new) Wii consoles available in reasonably driving distance or is supply as tight as everywhere else? (I will be just north of Amsterdam so if there is one around there that would be great).

Thanks in advance.

2. bomma

Newcomer bomma Member

Belgium
    There are enough wii's to be found in Belgium.
    Check big stores like the Mediamarkt.

Good luck

3. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    I did see some wiis for sale on play.com the other day. They've had them in for a while.

4. iTech

Member iTech GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You don't have to go to Belgium to get to a MediaMarkt, that chain is German and present in many countries.
    I suggest Dreamland as they (used to?) have a policy where if you found a product at any other store (in Belgium) cheaper, and could prove this by showing them an ad or something, they would refund you the difference. Right now a Wii costs 235 Euro and I've not seen 'em any cheaper elsewhere. Check out the locations; http://www.dreamland.be/dreamland/static/winkels_n.shtml
    and a recent catalog: http://www.dreamland.be/dreamland/static/r...overzicht_n.htm

And in Amsterdam you could probably find stolen Wiis if you asked around a bit. Just be carefull not to get kidnapped and forced to work in a homobar, like what happened to me once during a drugvisit. (Aspirin is illegal in Belgium, only Haldol can be sold in pharmacies)

5. Smuff

Member Smuff Fossilized Gamer

United Kingdom
    For God's sake man - forget about the whole Wii thing and get yourself down to Amsterdam and live a little [​IMG]

A much wiser use of the money [​IMG]

6. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Thanks guys, I will confess though that I went in town and got one instead.

Going to rip it to pieces and see what I can do with it shortly, just need to make a triwing.