Wii and RF support TV

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by TGBoy, Oct 6, 2007.

Oct 6, 2007

Wii and RF support TV by TGBoy at 12:59 PM (767 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. TGBoy
    OP

Member TGBoy GBAtemp Regular

Kuwait
    Heylo,

I have a old model RF support only TV. Wii cant directly be connected to it. So i connected the Wii composite cable to my video player composite video in and thru the RF-out of the video to the TV. the wii menu is displayed on the television but the problem is it is displayed in black and white. The tv and video supports NTSC and my wii is NTSC. Why is it in black and white? is it coz of the RF cable?

2. kiwibonga

Member kiwibonga GBAtemp Regular

France
    Hmm... I remember that the pal playstation was in black and white on some old color pal TVs, for some reason it wouldn't work in color unless the TV was a newer model... There was no way to fix it besides buying a newer TV... Maybe this is the same problem?

If not, do you know if your VCR is in NTSC or PAL mode? Maybe there's a setting (like a video mode button, or an option in the menus) you can change?

I remember when I moved to the US... I had to play my N64 in black and white for months [​IMG]

3. sidneyyoung

Member sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bermuda
    Try setting the video settings to 50hz 576i if it's not at that already