Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Who really gives a fuck? Specs don't mean shit.
The GC was supposedly underpowered and produced some of the best-looking games of this generation.

The DS is supposedly a weak machine, well holy fuck, take a look at Mario Hoops and Starfox and tell me these games are ugly.

L

lastdual

I hate people who use the word "hater"...

I'll get a Wii probably next year when more games I'm interested in are out. And graphics aren't everything, but if Nintendo released a new Zelda that looked better than MGS4, I'd be quite happy to go without innovative controls. I've always bought Nintendo systems because I enjoy Nintendo games, not because of innovative hardware.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why people assume that a more powerful system is automatic better graphics. I can think of some PS2 games that looked far better than some XBox games. Hell, I can even think of SNES games that looked better than some XBox games.

It's up to the developer to make something beautiful; even as far back as the Dreamcast was capable of great graphics, just look at Shenmue. If something like the DC could make Shenmue, then the Wii is plenty capable enough for graphics; polygon count and texture resolution mean less and less with each generation.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, for a long time i was Totally anti-XBOX, and i still am. Maybe, some day i will be nice enough to give Microsoft more or my money. (But probably not) And for a long time I was Pro-PS3 and really anti-Wii. My view has changed on the Wii.

Here's my take on it.
If you own an HDTV, get PS3.
If you have a low-res TV, get Wii.

And on the flip side:
If you have friends, get Wii.
If you have friends but they never come to play multiplayer games or you don't have friends at all, get the PS3.

Why do i say this?
First of all, the TV is just because if you pay 3k for a TV, you can pay .5k for a console. If you pay 100 for a TV, pay 200 for a console.

AND

From my experiences, Nintendo makes multiplayer games like serial killers kil people. Alot, quick, and fast. Ex.) Mario Parties 1-7 already, singleplayer is ok, multiplayer rocks when you're young. SSBM is awesome singleplayer, but is incredibly addictive multiplayer. The only good singleplayer games are of characters Nintendo is famous for (Mario, Link, Samus, Fox, etc.)

And Playstation games (1 & 2) are good singleplayer. I say this because of games like Sly, Final Fantasy Games, and other various good anime games have all been released for Playstations.

But as we all know manufacturers try to add special features to get people to buy. Such as: Wii has the virtual console, and PS3 has blu-ray playback. (I HAVE NO CLUE IF PLAYBACK IS TRUE, IM JUST ASSUMING) Instead of having the 'virtual console' you can download ROMS for free! (I'm assuming that most people on these forums do it anyways, if this is untrue, sorry) But (assumed) PS3 blu-ray playback saves you the $1000 for a stand-alone blu-ray player.

And BTW: I'm still anti-XBOX
Last note: I'm getting a Wii, myself. Even after hating the name with a burning passion.

FGoat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the fact your anti-xbox invalidates your oppinion really, both consoles are good for the market they are specifically designed for. i personally am not a fan of the playstation but i dont mind handing some money over for decent games.
i also have an xbox and that also has some good exclusive titles.

i've had both and yes basically some single player games are good/amazing for instance, shadow of the collosus is probrably one of my favourite recent console games, but the majority of playstation games arent so good. sony have hundreds of developers under their product but less than half are any good.

if your looking for a new way of playing games then the wii looks the way to go, if i want graphics i'll stick with my pc but other than that things are getting pretty boring. originality is the way forward but anyway thats my 2 cents.

ps: look at the exclusives on ps3 :/ any other ported game (gta 4 ect..) however good it sounds will only be as good as the 360 version. the ps3 will suffer what the xbox has had to deal with with its shitty ps2 ports not taking the machine to its potential.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Since we are in a topic focused on hate, let us revel into micropayments :

QUOTE said:
The microtransaction-focused game, Gran Turismo HD: Classic will be the online-focused entrant into the GT-series. In this game, players will (reportedly) start with no cars or courses available to them. Instead, they will need to purchase their stable of cars and courses to race on. The pricing reported in the Famitsu piece indicated that cars would cost between 50-100 yen ($0.43-$0.85) and courses between 200-500 yen ($1.71-$4.26). There are approximiately 750 cars and 50 tracks available for purchase in the GT: HD Classic. Let's do the math:
# 750 cars for $0.50-$1.00 (Sony will round-up, don't you think?)
# 50 tracks for $1.50-$4.50

A complete copy of the game will cost gamers somewhere between $426.50 and $975, and that's without factoring in whatever Sony decides to charge for the menus (since that's all you'll get with GT HD: Classic).

Welcome to next-gen.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think the haters of the Wii actually have to try and embrace the system and try it with open arms. If they continuously scoff at the system, they may never be able to see what it really is. Everyone who has played the Wii was very impressed so why can you say a certain system sucks without even playing it? Isn't that just being plain ignorent?

Edit: Oh yeah and I have a feeling Sony is going to try at every way to gouge the customer on microtransactions. At least with Nintendo's variety they will provide full games to download....not parts of a game.

santakuroosu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
why can you say a certain system sucks without even playing it? Isn't that just being plain ignorent?
Ask that to Nintendo and Microsoft fanboys on the subject of the PS3.

QUOTEIf you have friends, get Wii.
If you have friends but they never come to play multiplayer games or you don't have friends at all, get the PS3.
Unless your friends also have Wiis the PS3 is a better option, you know, the whole "every player has his own wiimote" thing.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
redsteel.jpg

Wii graphics haters FTW!

wub.gif

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't be blown away by graphics anymore, cause what they have today was around last gen on pc so it's all the same to me. I Also wasn't impressed with ps2 when it came out since it wasn't anything special just a few games, and after a while it was all the same as it's taht way with all new things. These new systems....ok what are they doing that me and everyone else has already seen, but it's just minor improvements none the less defently not imprssive enought to make me want to run out and buy it. The only thing about the wii that would make someone want to take a closer look at it is that it's different, and by making something different and never seen before you create alot of buzz around it.

salv

Male Nurse
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
In MY opinion, i Think 360 and PS3 arent that really next-gen. sure they boast powerful processors and good graphics, but you really cant tell the diffirence. Im really looking forward too seeing what PS4 has to offer.
Wii is really a next-gen console. its trying something diffirent for sure. and i appreciate that. my dad was watching the news and saw a little breif summary on the wii. he told me that a new nintendo console was coming out and i told him i was aware of it long ago. its kind of funny with what his first reactions were. the news featured Red steel and how you can use the wiimote as a sword and gun etc. he thinks the wii is promoting violence and killing just cause of the wiimote. (he also thinks this cuz almost every game i play are violent.) anyways point is. everyone is entitled to there opinion.
I think Wii graphics are good enough to impress the crowd. HD is nice, but a TV is a TV, and not everyone has a HD Set or let alone a NICE theater like surround sound system anyways, you see people playing 360 with a regular analog tv and yet you dont see them complaining.
Look at resident evil 4! wow that game blew my mind away both graphically and gameplay-wise. if the GC can run gfx like that im sure wii can boast better.
even tho i am a true graphix whore i totally appreciate and support the wii.

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LOl microsoft better be happy they hada year lead, cause that's all their going to get once nintendo systems comes out it will be a memory like sega. Sony is goingthe way of sega i can't see how stupid a company can get, but when you don't pay attention to history that's what happens to ya. What ps4 there is no ps4 why should they be is ps3 is going to be soo good, and it's just like i said you seen it once you seen it all. That's sony's gimick they draw you in with sega like lies, and then when it's too late you find out that you bought the exact same thing u should have got last generation.

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xbox360 here in japan is nearly dead. i mean even the humble gc out sells the xbox360 here. but from that comes seperation, i think that the xbox 360 is gonna be about $260 usd with a game here soon... but that's still more expensive than the wii.

santakuroosu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's sony's gimick they draw you in with sega like lies, and then when it's too late you find out that you bought the exact same thing u should have got last generation.
When did Sega lie?
And how is the PS3 what the PS2 should have been?

*sigh* I should know better than to try to reason with fanboys, but the stupid™ is strong in this one, so I can't help it.

FGoat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gimmie a saturn anyday! and if you have a closer look at the dreamcast you may notice that the graphics are alot crisper than PS2. basic texture wise but jaggie wise, dreamcast is king! Saaamba de amiiigoo!!

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if the PS3 sells ridiculously well, and blows everybody's expectations out of the water, Sony is losing money, because they are selling it at such a huge loss. Basically, Sony is screwed, no matter how well the PS3 does.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even if the PS3 sells ridiculously well, and blows everybody's expectations out of the water, Sony is losing money, because they are selling it at such a huge loss. Basically, Sony is screwed, no matter how well the PS3 does.

Actually they are banking on Blu-Ray licences because their ability to receive royalties on CDs is running out very fast. If they don't come out with another adopted format soon, they will be losing a large sector of their income. Basically if PS3 and Blu-Ray are rejected by the market. Sony will implode. Probably just split into a camera and movie company.

And its not looking that well at the moment judging how people are saying HD-DVDs look BETTER than Blu-Rays

zragnarok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

please take a basic economics class before saying something so stupid. sony never planned on making money on the ps3 hardware. They want to make money on Blu-Ray licenses... for every single Blu-Ray movie released/sold, sony gets a percentage of the cut. That is potentially hundreds of millions of dollars. The PS3 is nothing more than a tool to make Blu-Ray more popular. Now of course if HD-DVD takes over, then Sony is screwed, but loss of money in PS3 hardware is small fries compared to the Blu-Ray movie royalties

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: all my stuff is wired anyway