Hacking Wii and GC standard hacker grade iso and wad manipulation tools?

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am writing the GBA/DS docs but as most of hacking translates I have a quick section on how to unpack, relink and rebuild assorted iso/rom/DLC/executable/whatever formats from various systems (aiming for basic tools for all the big ones) and getting things up on filetrip, however the wii is something I have a passing acquaintance at best with so I just wanted to check my list of tools was not hopelessly out of date.

Unless truly necessary (it is the only program that supports a deviation from the previous standard format or something) I am not after nice GUI tools to stick things in WBFS format or something (although I did mention people tend to opt for WBFS and it might be worth having a tool that can handle it) or automated repacking tools. This is pretty much about getting the files out of an iso and back in again.

ISO
I have picked wii scrubber because it has always done what I wanted and does not try to hold my hand too much (things I like in tools/programs).

WAD
I have always used wwpacker and u8tool. I did not see the former up on filetrip though so I am not sure if this means original xbox protocol (temp uploads and masked things) or just that it was so old it was not worth it.

If there are any worthwhile DOL manipulation tools for commercial games I will go them. I have a copy of the IDA plugin stuff for modern DOL files from http://blog.delroth.net/2012/03/gcwii-dol-plugin-built-for-ida-6-1/ and will probably include some of the hitmen and stuff for older versions but those I can deal with. If however there is a nice disassembler with decent wii/dol support I will happily add it to the list.

Likewise if GCtool, gcmutility (I know it is not really what I asked for above) and http://filetrip.net/wii-downloads/tools-utilities/latest-gamecube-iso-tool-f28774.html are not good for the gamecube or I am missing a good one please share.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wwpacker and U8Tools is the way to go man. I used the two years ago when I was really into WAD hacking.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
customize mii, show mii wads, etc.

also, the libwiisharp examples are pretty easy for wad unpacking\patching\etc and they have a better gui than wwpacker
http://libwiisharp.googlecode.com/files/libWiiSharp%200.21.rar

And of course, the ultimate all in one tool... ModMii :D

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks gave a few of those a go and the libWiiSharp stuff works for me although I should probably include showmiiwads as well.

Also Wiiware and games in general seem to use a lot of Ogg files these days (ancient library to build it as well).

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: