Hacking Wii and GC on same has HDD as WiiU?

Durelle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dunno if this question answer has changed since last year but I need to know if it's possible to have everything on the same HDD, workout any injecting, or do I need to inject all my games if so is it hard. My vWii runs everything fine on my secondary harddrive, it's just a pain to switch out since my WiiU is hidden behind my tv where the toddler can't get to it.

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use Wii usbhelper or tecmoons app and inject the isos or wfsb files and then install with wup installer to Wii U hd
Compatibility is pretty good. I doubt any first party games will not work and as for others , I haven’t run into any that haven’t worked yet

Last edited by Tri-Z,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the issue with uploading them, other than them being in the wrong format, is that wii u titles seem to be indexed during installation. I think only the locations are indexed since you can freely change the icon and text without reinstalling. plus, if you notice, not all game icons and text appears right away. it takes a few moments to read the indexer and load that content.

Durelle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the issue with uploading them, other than them being in the wrong format, is that wii u titles seem to be indexed during installation. I think only the locations are indexed since you can freely change the icon and text without reinstalling. plus, if you notice, not all game icons and text appears right away. it takes a few moments to read the indexer and load that content.
You've lost me here, I haven't tried injecting yet. I was just hoping that I could just upload the files to the same HDD and have vWii read them fine in usbloader or nintendont

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only way I know of is mocha. you might have to compile that yourself. I think you can if you follow the iosu hax tutorial.

the wii u seems to use some sort of indexer kinda like the ps3. the 360 doesn't. that's why content loads much faster on the wii u and the ps3. the 360 reads the entire drive and all files instead of only the necessary files.

Durelle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the only way I know of is mocha. you might have to compile that yourself. I think you can if you follow the iosu hax tutorial.

the wii u seems to use some sort of indexer kinda like the ps3. the 360 doesn't. that's why content loads much faster on the wii u and the ps3. the 360 reads the entire drive and all files instead of only the necessary files.
I think you misunderstood me. My WiiU has been hacked for a long time now, just trying to cut back to one HDD. I get the indexing thing, I'll just inject everything, will have to find some custom graphics or do them myself

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: