Wii and GC injects only work on internal storage

Super_K

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If I have them on my usb storage, they stay black. But if I copy them over to the internal storage they start to work again. This only happens with wii and gc injects and wii u games work fine in the usb so it's not confirmed that the usb has a problem (it's a hard drive). Does anyone know a fix for this pls? If I keep moving them to internal storage to play then I get scared that it might break faster. Thank you

Reactions: Atsu1166

Atsu1166

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have a same problem which you described above. Injected GC and Wii game did not work on WiiU at all.

NOT WORKS: SSD-SCT2.0U3-BA(2TB)
NOT RECOGNIZED: Western Digital, My Passport SSD(2020), WDBAGF0020BSL-WESN(2TB)

As I thought the cause of trouble was type of USB memory, then I switched the manufacture of USB. So, it works well as follwoing.

WORKS WELL:
SanDisk USB3.1 Ultra Fit SDCZ430-256G-G46
SanDisk USB3.1 Ultra Fit SDCZ430-512G-G46

Hope it's for your reference.
Atsu

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I dont find a final explenation and final working solution for this problem.

I wouldn`t think its a filesystem problem, because WiiU uses its own. Maybe its a power problem, because maybe reading Wii VC games need more power. So a Y- Cable with external minimum 1A Powersuply would be solution.

Someone on reddit noticed that, as the Wii U entered wii mode, the hard drive would restart and not start spinning.
As solution, as soon as the Wii U makes the disc noise when it reboots into wii mode he quickly powered off and then re-power on his hard drive. That's forcing it to start up. Since this happened, the Wii U loaded the game fine.

Maybe disabling the hdd sleep feature will help.
  1. Boot up your Wii U.
  2. Go to settings.
  3. Go to data management.
  4. Press and hold down on the D-Pad for half a second.
  5. While holding down on the D-Pad, press and hold the + and - buttons and keep holding them until a popup eppears.
  6. Enable/disable the feature.
Else someone on here reported that its need to use your region of wiivc inject, the way nintendo coded the injections they dont play nice with other regions so no pal wiivc injects on ntsc wiiu and viceversa.

Last edited by Sypherone,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.