Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I looked through the Essentials thread but it's pretty much a mess at this point. Moreover, the games don't seem to be categorized by genre, just by votes (which I usually ignore anyways).

So, suma sumarum, I'd love you guys to recommend me some Action games for the Wii. I'll list the ones I already tried:
  1. Call of Duty games (kinda obvious, yeah)
  2. MadWorld
  3. Conduit 1 and 2
  4. Red Steel
  5. No More Heroes 1 and 2
  6. Ghost Squad
  7. Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X2
  8. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
  9. Dead Space: Extraction
  10. House of the Dead: Overkill
  11. Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2
  12. Metroid: Other M
  13. Sin and Punishment 2
  14. Monster Hunter Tri
  15. GoldenEye
  16. Bully
  17. Zombie Panic in Wonderland
  18. Manhunt 2
  19. Okami
  20. Resident Evil 4
  21. Dead Rising
...now that you know which ones I tried, it's likely to be easier to point out ones I still haven't played. ;)

Yes, I know the Wii's not the best console for that type of games, but seeing that I ran out of survival horror games (just RE: Zero left to finish I believe...) I gotta make-due.

Also, I swear to god, if someone says Mario Galaxy, I *will* flip. No plumbers. Pretty please. It's not even an Action game in the first place.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mario Galaxy.

There's Rune Factory Frontier which is Rune Factory. You can also try out Goldeneye is is actually pretty good fun, it uses the same engine from the CoD wii games so you might like it. HoTD Overkill is good laugh, it's an on rails shooter like S&P2.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There's Rune Factory Frontier which is Rune Factory. You can also try out Goldeneye is is actually pretty good fun, it uses the same engine from the CoD wii games so you might like it. HoTD Overkill is good laugh, it's an on rails shooter like S&P2.
*flips*

*unflips*

Played all of those except Rune Factory, thus it immediatelly lands in my D/L list. From what I heard, it's Harvest Moon on steroids so I'm not sure how it could be classified as "Action" but since I like Harvest Moon anyways, I'll enjoy it anyways.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rune Factory incorporates action RPG gameplay with the Harvest Moon standard gameplay. There's also Murasama which is meant to be pretty good. Also sorry for repeating games you've already played, I was being disrupted by my mother.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Not that it's bothering me - one recommendation is better then none.

Right now I'm planning to melt my brain with Dr.Who - Return to Earth which I know will be shite, but Matt Smith makes it all worth the pain.

Muramasa doesn't look like my kind of a thing, but what the heck - I'll try it anyways. Maybe it's one of those games you actually have to play to "like".

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
Metroid Prime: Corruption
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
Okami
Manhunt 2
Ghostbusters: The Video Game
Batman: The Brave and the Bold
The Godfather: Blackhand Edition
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scarface: The World is Yours. Pretty fun GTA type of game, not as good as Godfather though. Godfather is actually really fun, not just in a "good for the Wii" type of way, but a good open world game type of way with plenty of stuff, good hand-to-hand combat, and the shooting is pretty fun too.

Batman: BatB is actually really good. It's campy and stuff but it's still a decently fun 2D action game. Worth trying if you don't mind Batman or if you enjoy him.

And Forgotten Sands is good as well, it plays more like the Sands of Time games and not that recent shit cell shaded one. Wii version is actually different than the other versions (and in a good way).

Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions isn't bad on the Wii but if you have a HD console that can play it then you'll want to go with that version.

Kinda an oddity but Quantum of Solace is actually pretty good. Before Goldeneye/Conduit 2 it was like one of the only splitscreen FPS games. Still, it runs on the CoD4 engine so you have some CoD style FPS play with a cover system. Worth playing despite that shit reviews.

Red Steel 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Red Steel. Red Steel 2 is fucking awesome, Red Steel sucks complete asshole. Easily my favorite WM+ game and one of my favorite Wii games.

And take Metroid Other M off that list, just seeing it makes my queasy.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I actually *loved* Other M - it was different and in a good way. I got over the fact that Samus is portrayed as much weaker then in other games quite quickly and explained to myself that it's because she's working in a team with people she actually cares for, thus the "difference".

As far as Red Steel 2 is concerned, no WM+, no Red Steel 2. Otherwise I would've played it already.

Scarface looks relatively interesting. Quantum of Solace scares me a bit because it's a Movie Licensed Game, but I'll give it a try. Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions and Batman: BatB... well... "Okay", I might get those if I really won't find anything else that'd be interesting for me.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Muramasa doesn't look like my kind of a thing, but what the heck - I'll try it anyways. Maybe it's one of those games you actually have to play to "like".
It is.
At first I was like oh god whats this
Then I was like OH GOD WHAT IS THIS BEAUTIFUL GAME

Never doubt Vanillaware

Syrous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT: Mentioned a couple of games you had already played.

How about... Disaster Day of Crisis?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
D/L means download. I'm not afraid to admit that with the waves upon waves of crapware for the Wii I've decided to never, ever buy a game without previously testing it. Haters gonna hate, but that's the way I roll.

I think I'll just get Metroid Prime Trilogy, seeing that I haven't finished 2 yet and I don't want to start Corruption without knowing the end of Echoes.

EDIT: Mentioned a couple of games you had already played.

How about... Disaster Day of Crisis?
I was thinking about this one for quite a while now, it looks relatively interesting and very much like my kind of a game.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okami is also epic. Quantum of Solace is good if you enjoyed Modern Warfare.

And last but definitely not least, I highly (read HIGHLY) recommend getting your hands on Epic Mickey. That shit is golden.

I dunno if it's just me but Okami played rather shit on the Wii. Combat was basically immovable. Maybe I did it wrong or something but I basically got bored of the game and called it quits. I heard the Japanese version has better controls though.

And Epic Mickey is more of a platformer than an action game.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Red Steel 2 is fucking awesome, Red Steel sucks complete asshole. Easily my favorite WM+ game and one of my favorite Wii games.

I couldnt agree with you more. Both the swordplay and aiming/shooting works great (takes a bit getting used to switching between sword and gun though), and the special moves you can do is really fun :)
And since its first person it actually adds some realism to it. It feels like youre actually swinging the sword (well, except its a wiimote) compared to other games such as Wii Sports and Skyward Sword.

@OP, if you havnt got Red Steel 2 yet - GET IT. If you have it - REPLAY IT :)

Oh, and get Xenoblade :P I dont care its not a pure action game! Get it anyway! lol

And then theres Metroid Prime 1 and 2, but I guess youve completed those on the GC already.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The Wii is really a b*tch when you think about it, most of the good Action games I could play on it are actually GameCube games. Looks like it's Dios Mios time for me, I have my eye on a few of those, mm-hmm.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Yea in terms of action games the Wii is more like the gamecube with better controls :P

You could also try Mad World. Quite brutal game and fun every now and then.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea in terms of action games the Wii is more like the gamecube with better controls :P

You could also try Mad World. Quite brutal game and fun every now and then.

I'd choose the Gamecube controller over the Wii controller any day, especially for action games. It works well in MadWorld (since it gives you a "frantic" feeling) and Red Steel 2 (because it's absolutely necessary) but anything else I'd choose the Gamecube controller for.

EDIT: Also, he already played MadWorld.

Also, I forgot to mention these but if you like Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors type of hack and slash stuff, then definitely try Samurai Warriors 3 and Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes (or whatever it's called). Both are pretty good hack and slashers if you're into them.

There's also the first Force Unleashed game but it's already pretty meh and the shit motion controls don't help at all.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd choose the Gamecube controller over the Wii controller any day, especially for action games. It works well in MadWorld (since it gives you a "frantic" feeling) and Red Steel 2 (because it's absolutely necessary) but anything else I'd choose the Gamecube controller for.

Ah well, I guess thats debatable. Personally, as a PC FPS player, I cant stand aiming with a joystick. Its terrible! The wiimote is the closest thing to a mouse we will see in a long time imo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr