Mycow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi there!
I've been searching a lot on google about Wii problems but I can't find any situation similar to mine.
My Wii is in 4.2U and it has a modchip (D2pro solded on Wii clip) but lately I used mainly usb loader and original game discs. I have homebrew channel installed as well as bootmii and custom IOS.

So, here's my problem:

Everything was perfectly fine until one day while I was playing TV Show King 2 I noticed that the game was running a bit slow, similar to when a PC is overloaded with tasks. Then I noticed that when I clicked on channels on the System Menu it took a while for them to maximize. The same thing happened with Nintendo Channel, everything is a bit slowed down and the sound is the easiest one to notice, it's really lagged and it sounds really weird (on TV Show King 2 and Nintendo Channel).

However, when I'm playing a game (via Usb Loader and also original game discs) everything always ran smoothly until today. I was playing Wii Sports Resort (original game disc) and on Table Tennis there were some really noticeable lags, everything was a bit slowed down just like the channels and TV Show King 2. Also, the whole time all the sounds from the Wii Remote were slowed down and distorted just like Nintendo Channel's music.

I tried thinking when this started to happen and I remembered that it started next to when I began using my computer HDD with an IDE to USB adapter to play backed up games.

Can this really have some relation to the problems I'm having? If not, does someone knows what might be going on?

Sorry if the text is confusing, I tried to explain the best I could and english is not my native language.

Thanks in advance!

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fist I will say that I have no clue, but some trial and error could prove possible.

Is there any difference in game loading when loaded from disk, instead of usb?
When you load bootmii, what is your nand% usage? Is bootmii installed as boot2 or ios?
Do you have preloader/priiloader installed? If so what hacks are enabled? Any change when hacks are disabled?
How long have you been on 4.2? Was this an issue prior, or have you always run your softmods on 4.2?
Is there any difference in game performance between different loaders? Are you loading your loaders from HBC, forwarder, or channel install? Any difference between the three?
Have you installed any wiiware/vc/channel titles that could have caused this? Are any out of region, or custom?
cIOSCORP? Softmii? Custom Theme?

You should also run dop-ios-mod, use ios249, scan your wii and post the cvs report here along with those answers.

Mycow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
NAND usage - 70.6%
Bootmii installed as boot2 and also as ios.
Never installed preloader or priiloader.
I've been for a while on 4.2 and everything ran smoothly on it before this started to happen.
I'm using a forwarder to Coverfloader and games usually run without any problems, I noticed just yesterday this happening to Wii Sports Resort (original game disc) and to Endless Ocean 2 (but this one it's on my HDD and I'm running through Coverfloader so I thought it was something related to the HDD).
About 2 weeks ago I installed Max and the Magic Marker PAL without knowing it was from a different region, I just noticed that because of the error message (this channel cannot be loaded, something like that). So I uninstalled it with wad manager and used Freethewads then it worked without any problems. Apart from that I did nothing unusual. I had forgotten about this, can it be the reason why all of this is happening?
Never installed cIOSCORP, Softmii or any custom theme.

I tried to test games with different loaders but now another problem has started, my controllers are suddenly not recognized anymore some seconds after the system menu shows up. I have no idea why, the pointer disappears but the system menu behaves normally with all channels animated and so on. The controller stays with the first light lit but doesn't do a thing and if I remove the batteries and put them back on it just blinks and doesn't get recognized. It's probably not a controller issue since it happens with all my 4 controllers. I have to power off Wii by holding the power button for some seconds (it doesn't turn off by simply pressing it) and pray that it won't happen again. When it loads fine I resynched the controllers with the console pressing those red buttons and it works normally, but sometimes when I reboot the Wii the same thing happens all over again.

Damn, I have no idea why all these strange things started happening now...everything worked perfectly fine about 2 weeks ago...

That's the cvs report generated by dop ios mod:

Dop-IOS MOD Report
Wii region, USA
Wii unique device id, 61399655

IOS Version, FakeSign, ES_Identify, NAND, Flash, USB 2.0
250 (r65535), Enabled, Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Enabled
249 (r17), Enabled, Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Enabled
222 (r4), Enabled, Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
202 (r4), Enabled, Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
70 (r6687), Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
61 (r5405), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
60 (r6174), Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
57 (r5661), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
56 (r5405), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
55 (r5406), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
53 (r5406), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
38 (r3867), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
37 (r3869), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
36 (r3351), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
35 (r3349), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
34 (r3348), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
33 (r3091), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
31 (r3349), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
28 (r1550), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
22 (r1037), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
17 (r775), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
15 (r523), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
14 (r520), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
13 (r273), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled

leondmsmith

Trophies
XP
Country
i had the same problem but then remembered i had sneek in on my SD card and promptly removed it, problem solved - well for me anyway. Dunno about yours but your nand is getting full maybe it slows down some at that point? I know i get screen tears when my NAND is more than 50% full, maybe a similar thing....

wim6

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Check your air-intake and outlet of your wii , there could be some dust in it or just a clogged system./..

Mycow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Unfortunately I'm not using component cable and the image is not distorted.

The main problem now is the controller issue, I can't do anything! It started yesterday and now it's happening all the time, the system menu loads and after 3-5 sec the pointer disappears and the Wii Remote doesn't work anymore, and that happens with all my 4 remotes.
However, when I use bootmii and load directly to homebrew channel all remotes work fine.

This is getting so weird...

Also I did the vacuum just now and there was some dust, but I can't see if things are better because of the remote issue.

Mycow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Back again!

Well, let me explain everything that happened between yesterday and now.

I reinstalled everything again just like my Wii was new and I hadn't done anything. The installation was ok and after that I unplugged my Wii and turned it on only today after about 11 hours.

So, everything seemed to be perfect, the system menu didn't had any lag, the channels were also normal and so were wiiware and vc games on my SD card. So far so good.
However, when I inserted a game disc it would take a while to load and then the screen would turn black with an error message telling me to eject the disc and power off the Wii. I did that and the remote issue started happening again.

I realized then that if I turned the Wii on without a game disc everything worked normally and the remote issue didn't happen. So I tried then to load disc games from Gecko and to my surprise it loaded fine. I also loaded some games with USB Loader GX and they also worked fine. I played then a little and turned the Wii off cause I needed to do some stuff.

Now here comes the weird thing. When I returned home I turned it back on and there were no more problems at all! All discs were recognized, backup and original ones, there were no more lag and sound problems and the remote issue didn't happen.

If the problem returns I'll post here but I hope it doesn't.

Just a quick question, is it really safe to use an internal PC HDD to play games with Usb Loader?

Thanks a lot for all support!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1