Hacking wii 4.3e hacking

Jacklynne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, after reading even more stuff on hacking the wii when it's on 4.3e...Do I actually need an original game or can I just hack it anyway. I don't have any supermario stuff or any of those other games I saw on the list.

Confused again...Jak

Jacklynne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, I have seen the modmii thread. I didn't find any beginner-stuff in there. You have to understand that I have not ever hacked a wii without a soldering iron and a pic chip. I didn't softmod before - therefore I don't know which options to pick on the modmii menus. And there are plenty of those. I had a go at the modmii thing today and it left the copy to sd thing on my hard drive but not the copy to usb thing. Still being a newbie with that sort of stuff I get the impression it crashed part way through the program. But still, I don't know what to select on the menus. I only want to play backups of my stuff, not virtual console stuff or anything like that, or homebrew even.

Jacklynne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The only instructions I got were printed out, lines missing, I did fill them in, but those instructions were based on my answers in the menu. I don't know what exactly I need to install, so how can I select the right answers in the menu?

Edited to add, I had to write some of the instructions manually as they were missing on the printout.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
And it will guide you to the letterbomb website. That letterbomb allows to softmod your wii without an exploitable game.
So it's possible without a game, even on 4.3E.

Jacklynne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
See, I didn't know that, I already have the letterbomb thing on my desktop. I didn't know that you didn't need an original game for that, that's just one example. I think that maybe someone needs to do a step-by-step instruction thing, cos there are no instructions on there.
Let's face it - the instructions, or lack of, aren't foolproof. I mean people are messing with their wii's....

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
modmii should create a step by step guide for you at the end of answering all the questions.
Most people find this guide ok as instructions.
If something is still unclear, just ask. A lot of people here are helpfull.
It's better to ask than to try things out and mess something up.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
How to hack any wii

download modmii
run modmii
type "I agree" to get to the main menu
select ModMii Wizard
answer the questions ModMii asks you, it tells you exactly where to find the information if you don't already know
let modmii download files to your sd card and build u a guide to follow
put the sd card with the files modmii downloaded in your wii
follow your custom guide
profit

I've had reports of 7-yr olds and 70-yr olds using ModMii successfully (and that was before ModMiiSkin made things even easier), so a tutorial isn't really necessary. That being said, I've got the very talented person66 committed to recording more modmii usage tutorial videos (currently the usage page of the modmii webpage is fairly incomplete)

Reactions: 1 person

Jacklynne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It did create a guide, but after answering the questions, I'm not sure what the answers should be. I just wanted to run backups off hdd/usb

Jacklynne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure if you read my last post - but I wasn't sure what answers to give. Lots of questions, but obviously I don't know the right answers. Can someone shoot me in the head right now, cos I just don't get it. I'm obviously supposed to get it, I need a wad and an ios and a blah...

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if you read my last post - but I wasn't sure what answers to give. Lots of questions, but obviously I don't know the right answers. Can someone shoot me in the head right now, cos I just don't get it. I'm obviously supposed to get it, I need a wad and an ios and a blah...
OMG...just find your Wii's MAC address (under Internet Settings), type it here (please.hackmii.com), and extract to your SD card whatever it generates. Now put the SD card into the Wii, and go to yesterdays messages. Click the bomb.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had reports of 7-yr olds and 70-yr olds using ModMii successfully (and that was before ModMiiSkin made things even easier), so a tutorial isn't really necessary. That being said, I've got the very talented person66 committed to recording more modmii usage tutorial videos (currently the usage page of the modmii webpage is fairly incomplete)

you can add 6yr's old to that. son was on my computer playing around. thought it was a game. :D glad you put the chime in when it's done. kinda like an alarm an freaked him out. he thought he messed some thing up.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it...