wii 4.3 update

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by hundredhead, Aug 11, 2010.

Aug 11, 2010

wii 4.3 update by hundredhead at 10:24 PM (765 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. hundredhead
    OP

Newcomer hundredhead Advanced Member

United States
    is there anyway to update to wii system menu 4.3 without losing homebrew? thanks for the help

2. Riley

Member Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    DO NOT UPDATE !! NO NEW FEATURES ! But i guess if you really wanted too just install the system menu 4.3 wad along with IOS80. You wont be able to use bannerbomb anymore...

EDIT: Make sure you have brick protection. Also if you have priiloader installed you wont ever need to update with BLOCK DISC UPDATES and BLOCK ONLINE UPDATES enabled.

3. Tom191

Banned Tom191 Banned

Canada
    You didn't answer his question, so I will give it a shot.

Yes, you can update and not lose your homebrew by using the latest hackmii installer. If you have your wii connected to the internet then you can just go into the homebrew channel and it will prompt you to update. Once you update HBC to the latest version, you can update your wii via wads file, internet, or disc (if one does ever come out with 4.3 update on it) and your homebrew channel will still be there. You may have to reinstalled some cIOS's if you update via online from Nintendo.

Make sure you do a nand backup before you do anything just in case anything goes wrong.

4. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Options are

Update to 4.3 using waninokos Firmware Updater v4.3b

Or

Update officially through nintendo and then rehack the wii using one of the 4.3 hack guides found on this forum

*I just updated a virgin wii to 4.3 today from nintendo and then hacked it and everything went just fine*