Homebrew Wii 4.2U with VC wads

mysterio90210

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has already been answered. I'm just very paranoid because I've already bricked my Wii and want to know hands down that I will be alright to do this. The newer wii Nintendo sent back to me was fully upgraded to 4.2U and can no longer play Burnt games, use mod chips, etc. I already did the trucha bug, removed stubs, and Installed IOS 249. Is it at all risky to install Wads now with the Wad Manager? More specifically I would like to know if I can install VC games such as N64 titles as well as the usbloadergx Wad. Thank you very much.

mysterio90210

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Parablank said:
Gordinio said:
Install Priiloader and you have nothing to worry about.
and install BootMii, then immediately create a NAND backup.

First of all I cant install BootMii because I have a 4.2. Second of all why would I if the other guy is telling my to install Priiloader. Third of all No one has answered my question...where are the awesomely awesome knowledgeable people?

smashdude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
installing bootmii2 backs up the wii nand. Just go to homebrew channel and then press start and select "load bootmii" and then run the program. Nand is essential.

mysterio90210

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smashdude said:
installing bootmii2 backs up the wii nand. Just go to homebrew channel and then press start and select "load bootmii" and then run the program. Nand is essential.

" * If you see Can be installed, you can get Bootmii as boot2 (which gives the best brick protection there is).
* If you see Can only be installed as an IOS, you can only get Bootmii as IOS (which will give you NO brick protection)."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.