wii 4.2u with preloader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by leu4life, Jan 1, 2011.

Jan 1, 2011

wii 4.2u with preloader by leu4life at 8:31 PM (1,335 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. leu4life
    OP

Newcomer leu4life Newbie

United States
    man ive been trying to get my wii to work again for the past 3 hours downloading all sorts of fixes from preloaders to priiloaders to different kind of dol's to sd root zips. heres whats up. i have wii 4.2u version and loaded homebrew channel with bannerbomb and worked fine. went back into wii and into homebrew channel and loaded preloader v0.29- IOS v70 -Systemmenu v481 with the appropriate 4.2 hacks.ini. went to load back up and now says systm files are corrupted blah blah...when i try to load systemfiles option in preloader it says hacks.ini isn't present on root of card although its there so im guessing i have some luck of getting this thing back up and running. Everything i read says to used wad loaders and whatnot to get back up and running the systemmenu, but homebrew channel doesn't work either from preloader menu. ive even tried to install that seperate throught a bunch of formus i found online like hbc-install.zip or something like that cauz i know if i get homebrew channel to work i think i can fix it with wads. I beliee i have a wiikey chip. Was just trying to get regular games to work by stopping disc update and this happens. lol. what ya gonna do. guess shouldn't be doing this, but damage already done. HELP! PLEASE!

THANKS in advance!

2. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    You are unable to launch the wii menu and homebrew channel, correct? Preloader 0.29 is VERY old, do you have the option to launch a file and/or launch a title?

3. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    preloader 0.29? Boy...I feel old thinking about it. [​IMG]

Anyway...preloader is outdated. IIRC, it still assumes the homebrew channel uses the ID "HACK". However, nintendo updates have blocked both this ID as its sequel (JODI). If your installation of the HBC was recent, it is version 1.0.8 (which has some unclear symbols as ID). That hacks.ini you found is most not for preloader, but for its up to date counterpart priiloader.

I wouldn't count on "everything you read" at this point if it's the same source that got you preloader to begin with (fix it with wads? If I were you, I'd just install priiloader 0.6 over preloader and make sure your HBC is up to date). But I have to admit I can't quite grasp what you CAN do. Can you get to the system menu? Or bootmii?

4. leu4life
    OP

Newcomer leu4life Newbie

United States
    i can load a file and thats pretty much all i can do. i can't get to system menu or hbc. i actually had hbc version 1.0.5 on there. couldn't get that 1.0.8 to go on. if theres anyway to get priiloader on instead or whatever to get anything back that would be awesome.

5. leu4life
    OP

Newcomer leu4life Newbie

United States
    making progress..(i think) thanks to this thread.... http://www.wiihacks.com/bricked-wii-issues...-brick-fix.html ..... i can actually get into a homebrew channel. tried doing what it says to load those wads, but when i choose sd card it just keeps telling me to select it and goes down the screen everytime i press a. tried it in usb and seemed like it took a while to do something and went back out to main menu. tried to exit to preloader menu and just freezes... hmmm?? tried to upgrade to priiloader through homebrew but gets exception error. new wad manger 1.7 wont work so i tried 1.4 and got the 1st to wads im supposed to load to install but then i try the systemmenu wad it fails. it says im supposed to go back to preloader menu then hit systemmenu, but only option to restart wii i guess from wad manager. too tired. spent almost all day on this. will try again tomorrow i guess.

dont know if this helps but this is report i got from drop-mii

DOP-Mii Report
    Region North America (U)
    Hollywood Version 0x11
    Wii Unique DeviceID 113253323

IOS Version FakeSign ES_Identify NAND Flash
    70 (v6687) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    55 (v4633) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    53 (v4113) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    38 (v3609) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    37 (v2070) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    36 (v1042) Enabled Enabled Enabled Enabled
    35 (v1040) Enabled Enabled Enabled Enabled
    34 (v1039) Enabled Enabled Enabled Enabled
    33 (v1040) Enabled Enabled Enabled Enabled
    31 (v2576) Disabled Disabled Disabled Enabled
    30 (v2576) Disabled Disabled Disabled Enabled
    28 (v1288) Enabled Enabled Enabled Enabled

6. leu4life
    OP

Newcomer leu4life Newbie

United States
    well its been a week and finally got system menu back up and running, but now when i choose any game it just loads to a black screen. Reading alot and says has something to do with ios install. i tried to install a bunch through wad manager, but to no avail. i figured i would just do a restore of the nand but says i cant without boot2 installed. i don't have the option. guess my wii is too new from research. man im so close.

on a different wii i installed priiloader and games play fine. i must have messed something up somewhere on the other one. thats why like i said i was trying to undo everything by flashing the nand back from restore, but can't. damn.

7. jskyboo

Member jskyboo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sounds like you have really messed up your IOSs. You could try installing the missing IOSs with Wii Mod. I would first try installing 58 if you are missing that. If you can get that and reload from homebrew channel then you should be able to get AHBPROT mode. From there remove stub IOSs and update all IOSs from the IOS menu. No need to patch any tho.

8. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    (sorry...I kinda missed this thread while skimming through this forum)

Erm...you DO know that wads have the potential to install and change pretty much anything within your wii, right? "Installing a bunch of wads" sounds pretty careless. Remember that installing a corrupted IOS or a channel with bad banner can brick your wii. And also: this isn't exactly information that tells us what you're doing. [​IMG]

As far as checking whether your IOS'es are up to date, it might be best to use modmii. It should be able to download "a bunch of wads" (in other words: all the latest versions of those things). Perhaps that may help?

Note that it will install the clean versions of the IOS'es, and are meant for retail games. If you're using backups, you should look into cIOS'es (same as IOS'es, but have numbers above 200).

Do you have a made backup of your nand before problems started? If so, then you should be able to restore it from bootmii (even on newer wii's...it should be installed as IOS instead of as boot2).

9. leu4life
    OP

Newcomer leu4life Newbie

United States
    ya i tried to restore nand through bootmii, but it says it won't since boot2 not found and too dangerout to continue so won't. try to do it anyway and says TRY HARDER HASHIMOTO-SAN.

EDIT: WELL FINALLY AFTER A WEEK I GOT IT. I CANT BELIEVE HOW MAN HOURS I PUT INTO THIS. I GUESS READING ALOT WOULD HELP NEXT TIME. JUST SUCKS CAUZ THERES SO MUCH OUT THERE ON WII HACKING THAT EVERYTHING STARTS TO GET ALL JUMBLED UP INTO ONE. SO MANY GUIDES!!!!

ANYWAY THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP. I TRIED WII MOD FIRST AND THAT DID THE TRICK. I WAS ABLE TO COMPARE ALL THE IOSs THE OTHER WII HAD AND WHICH ONES I WAS MISSING AND ADDED ACCORDINGLY. VOILA!!! IM SO GLAD! NOW I CAN ACTUALLY GO BACK TO PLAYING COD!!!