Hacking Wii 4.2U - Tried to update to 4.3U No joy! Help!

Usuario-X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howdy everyone!

I got my wii, brand new. Come softmodded. New version (at the time) when D3-2 was just released.
I tried to update it from 4.2U to 4.3U and all went fine till the end.. when it reported a fail to update message. Tried a few more times.. always the same message.
Thing is.. I don't know what who softmodded it used.
Any expert can try to help me to figure out?

I know priiloader isn't installed coz I hold reset and nothing happens.
Maybe he used StarPatch? Any way to determine this?

Here's my sysCheck report. No bootmii as boot2 in this baby coz it come with boot2v4 already
frown.gif

How to remove all those stub crap?
Also.. I want to have this baby running in the top notch stuff (no need for 4.3 system menu, but all the latest cool ios)
Anyone can help me with this?
Also a comment in about this report would be really appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

sysCheck GX v1.0.0 by Erik Spyder

sysCheck GX is running under IOS58 (rev 6175).

Console ID: xxxxxxxx.
Region: NTSC-U.
Hollywood v0x21.
Boot2 v4.
System Menu v481 (4.2U).
BC v6.
MIOS v10.

Found 68 titles.
Found 38 IOS and 7 IOS Stubs on this console.

IOS (revision),IOS Stub,Trucha Bug,ES_Identify,Flash Access,NAND Access,Boot2 Access,USB 2.0,Information
"IOS 3 (rev 65280),Yes,?,?,?,?,?,?,""This is a stub IOS present in some Wiis. No known functional version has ever been found."""
"IOS 4 (rev 65280),Yes,?,?,?,?,?,?,"""""
"IOS 9 (rev 65535),No,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,""Used by System Menu 1.0."""
"IOS 10 (rev 768),Yes,?,?,?,?,?,?,"""""
"IOS 11 (rev 65535),No,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,""Exclusively used by System Menu 2.0 and System Menu 2.1."""
"IOS 12 (rev 269),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,""This is the oldest known version of IOS. It was probably developed to be used in Wii Demos and product showcases."""
"IOS 13 (rev 273),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,""Used by News, Weather and Photo 1.0 Channels."""
"IOS 14 (rev 520),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,"""""
"IOS 15 (rev 523),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,""Contains NAND BOOT PROGRAM (this was probably accidental)."""
"IOS 16 (rev 512),Yes,?,?,?,?,?,?,"""""
"IOS 17 (rev 65535),No,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,"""""
"IOS 20 (rev 65535),No,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,""Exclusively used by System Menu 2.2."""
"IOS 21 (rev 65535),No,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,""Contains NAND boot program. Most debugging messages are removed. Most common for third-party titles."""
"IOS 22 (rev 1037),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,"""""
"IOS 28 (rev 65535),No,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,"""""
"IOS 30 (rev 65535),No,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,""Added USB Keyboard support."""
"IOS 31 (rev 3349),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,""Used by the Regional Titles for News & Weather."""
"IOS 33 (rev 65535),No,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,"""""
"IOS 34 (rev 3348),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,""Mostly used by the HackMii Installer as long as it's not fakesigned."""
"IOS 35 (rev 65535),No,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,"""""
"IOS 36 (rev 65535),No,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,""If the IOS revision is 1042 HackMii Installer v0.4 & v0.6 will not run properly (no usable or vulnerable IOS installed on this Wii)."""
"IOS 37 (rev 65535),No,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,""Fixed the signing bug. Used by several WiiWare games."""
"IOS 38 (rev 65535),No,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,""Required and installed by the official Nintendo Wii Speak Channel."""
"IOS 40 (rev 65535),No,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,""Used by System Menu 3.3 in Korea."""
"IOS 41 (rev 65535),No,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,"""""
"IOS 43 (rev 65535),No,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,"""""
"IOS 45 (rev 65535),No,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,"""""
"IOS 46 (rev 65535),No,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,"""""
"IOS 50 (rev 65535),No,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,"""""
"IOS 51 (rev 4864),Yes,?,?,?,?,?,?,"""""
"IOS 52 (rev 65535),No,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,"""""
"IOS 53 (rev 65535),No,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,""Used by several WiiWare games."""
"IOS 55 (rev 65535),No,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,""Required and installed by the official Nintendo Wii Speak Channel. Used by several WiiWare games."""
"IOS 56 (rev 65535),No,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,""Used by the Wii Speak Channel 2.0. Used by several WiiWare games."""
"IOS 57 (rev 5661),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,"""""
"IOS 58 (rev 6175),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,"" First release available on NUS. Used by the HackMii Installer as long as it's not fakesigned."""
"IOS 60 (rev 65535),No,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,""It is known to have SDHC support."""
"IOS 61 (rev 5405),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,""Used by the Wii Shop Channel from the System Menu 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2. Also used by Photo Channel 1.1 v3+. It is known to have SDHC support."""
"IOS 70 (rev 65535),No,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,""Used by System Menu 4.2. It is known to have SDHC support."""
"IOS 80 (rev 6943),No,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,""Used by System Menu 4.3. It is known to have SDHC support."""
"IOS222 (rev 65280),Yes,?,?,?,?,?,?,"""""
"IOS223 (rev 65280),Yes,?,?,?,?,?,?,"""""
"IOS249 (rev 19),No,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,""Used by Waninkoko as a custom IOS. It is also used by the cIOS Patchmii Installer."""
"IOS250 (rev 65535),No,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,""Used by Waninkoko as a backup of his custom IOS."""
"IOS254 (rev 65281),No,?,?,?,?,?,?,""Used by BootMii (HackMiiInstaller v0.7x)."""

Report generated on 2010-11-25.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you have the HBC installed or a way to run exploits like Indiana Pwns or SmashStack? If you do, I suggest you take a look at XFlax's ModMii to upgrade your Wii. It has many options available so you can upgrade your Wii the way you want to. Just read about all the options available, make your choices and follow the guide it generates for you.

-[]D

Usuario-X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to have the latest ios. But now I want to stick with 4.2 and not go to 4.3 as is pointless

I want to:
- take ride of stubs
- update the latest ios
- install priiloader

anyone can help me?

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Usuario-X said:
But what if starpatch was used to softmod this wii..
It isn't going to block the updates even from modmii?No, it will not.

Usuario-X said:
I want to have the latest ios. But now I want to stick with 4.2 and not go to 4.3 as is pointless

I want to:
- take ride of stubs
- update the latest ios
- install priiloader

anyone can help me?Dude!? Did you click on the ModMii link in my first response to you? If you did you would of read the following description of ModMii...
ModMii for Windows
Version 4.3.5

by XFlak

Introduction: What is ModMii?

ModMii, formerly known as NUS Auto-Downloader, is able to download all the files needed to modify ANY Wii (4.3U/E/J and Below & 4.2K and Below); it can generate custom guides based on your Wii's specifications, and save the files to your SD Card in their appropriate locations for easy offline softmodding.

Literally run the program once, let it download,
and you have all the files you need on your SD card to modify your Wii

What can ModMii do?

* It can download all the files necessary to Modify, Upgrade & Downgrade your Wii System Menu

* Download individual IOS/cIOS files, cIOS & cMIOS installers, Official Wii Channels, System Menus, Multi Mod Manager, YAWMM, Dop-Mii, both versions of Bannerbomb, Hackmii Installer etc.

* Install patched IOSs without an wifi connection on your Wii

* This includes an easy to follow Custom guide to setting up a USB-Loader (including how to format/partition your external hard drive)

* Install SNEEK, build SNEEK NAND dumps, and Batch Extract Wii Games for use with SNEEK+DI or UNEEK+DI

* Customize Bootmii, Wad Manager and MMM start-up settings using ModMii Configurators to create a custom config files

* This is also capable of downloading 000000**.app files for Sneek and MyMenuify

* Provides solutions for the upside-down homebrew channel and the HackMii installer No Vulnerable IOS problems

* Advanced Custom Downloads Feature will allow you to easily patch and change the slot/version of IOSs/cIOSs (only use this feature if you know what you are doing!!)
This is everything you are asking for and more. The only thing it lacks at my last look was the new Priiloader 6 Beta3 which is still in testing phase and Priiloader 5 had a serious bug in it. You can always choose to use Priiloader 4 which will work fine. Read the thread, use ModMii, be happy!

-[]D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: