mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You should read this a few times, and ask questions if you need to.

OK, download Dop-Mii_v12_CB2_BB2.zip and extract it to sd:\
Click on the sd icon from the channel menu
Load the boot.dol/elf
Select the second option, to install ios36 with fakesign bug- follow the instructions
Then select ios36 from the 1st option, this will load the main menu of options
Select ios install
Install Ios 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 21, 22, 28, 31, 33, 35, 37, 38, 53, 55, 56, 61- From NUSD, without patches
Delete ios249
Go back to the main menu (push B)
-Select Channel install, set region to North America (U)
-Install any channels you wish to use
Exit the app

Download BB2_hackmii-1.6.zip and extract to sd:\
Click the sd-icon, load boot.dol
Install HBC, DVDx, Bootmii Ios
Exit installer, HBC loads
Push home, load bootmii- make a nand backup
Exit to HBC

At this point you have installed the ios files, most of which are not present on the Korean wii, and you have installed any wii channels you wish to have. You have installed HBC, dvdx, and bootmii ios. The wii is still Korean.

Extract CB2_BB2_Cios38-r17-installer.zip to sd:\
Load HBC and launch Cios installer
Use ios36, install from WAD or online
Now you have cios- Ios249 (and ios250)

Download
ARC_mod06_offline4.1_all.part1.rar
ARC_mod06_offline4.1_all.part2.rar
Extact the apps and ios folders to sd:\
Your card should look like-
sd:\ios
sd:\apps
Load HBC, launch ARCmod06_Offline
Use ios249
Go down to "system menu 4.1 installer"
set region to "USA", below that click set&save
You now have a region mismatch warning
below that click click install- GO
The warning should now be gone, all settings should display as USA, English. The install system menu should display 4.1u
Verify, Verify again
Now exit to HBC

Load Dop-Ios-mod
Select ios249
scan the wii internals, look at ios60 verify the presence of the trucha bug in ios60. I don't know if anyregion changer installs ios60 patched.
If ios60 has the trucha bug, exit the app.
If ios60 does not have the trucha bug, install ios60 with patches, exit the app
Let me know if ios60 was patched or not

Extract CB2_BB_Wad-Manager-1.4.zip to sd:\
Extract IOS70v54321(IOS60-patched).zip to sd:\wad
Load Wad-Manager, use ios249
Install IOS70v54321(IOS60-patched).wad

Extract priiloader 0.3b to sd:\apps\priiloader
Extract 4.1u-hacks.zip to sd:\
Load priiloader installer and install
Hold reset and reboot, keep holding reset
Priiloader will load
Click hacks, enable block disk updates, enable block online updates, others if you like them.

Extract the apps folder form AnyTitle Deleter Mod to sd:\
Load HBC and launch Anytitle Deleter Mod, use ios249
You will get an error or two, just push A
Push 2 to update the database
Select "System Channel Titles"
Delete all Korean system channels "HA*K" they end in K, unless you wish to use them.

Done-
simple right?

You may like to check out-
Usbloader GX and Neogamma r8- these will load backups from usb drives, and disks if your drive can read disks (new drives can not)

Nintendo Updates will brick your region changed Korean Wii, never ever update via Nintendo.

As an extra precaution, you should play Lego Indiana Jones NTSC-U and make a savegame on the wii, then install Indiana Pwns and never play the NTSC-U version again. You can play the pal version if you wish.

One last thing, doing this could BRICK YOUR WII
And read this-

stingray1059

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
mauifrog said:
Install IOS70v54321(IOS60-patched).wad
quick Q, why do we need to install a patched IOS60 to slot70? Slot 70 is only used by 4.2 wii's, but according to the steps you listed, the wii should finish on 4.1U... wouldn't that require a patched IOS60 installed to slot 60 (instead of slot 70)?

also, what are the benefits to having a hacked korean region changed 4.2U Wii (or 4.1U Wii) over a fully hacked 4.2K Wii (not region changed)?

I am working on a project, so any information you (or anyone) gives me, will eventually benefit everyone once I release my program
biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance.

edit: at trush info, there is a 4.2K, and they can be hacked, read here

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I believe the IOS60-patched wad is to be installed in case somebody does end up starting a wii update to 4.2 on their wii, in which case the patched IOS60 in 70's slot would prevent error 003 for sysmenu 4.2.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is a 4.2k, and it should have all the ios files, you probably don't need to install them. ARC mod will take you to 4.1u/e/j/k, from your current SM, so it will work with 4.2k. I will PM you some links.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My reply after just reading the topic: DON'T!

damysteryman said:
I believe the IOS60-patched wad is to be installed in case somebody does end up starting a wii update to 4.2 on their wii, in which case the patched IOS60 in 70's slot would prevent error 003 for sysmenu 4.2.

I think you need to patch the system menu to not show 003 error, which would still mean: system update = brick.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You have followed my Korean guide and it worked as you have the HBC, but Backup launchers reset?

Did you install cIOS? It doesn't tell that in my guide directly, but you need them to run backups.

@WiiPower: I thought it was IOS70 that caused 003 errors (so installing IOS60 in it's slot would fix that). I could be wrong though, I'm not an expert on Wii hacking stuff...

edit: seems I'm a bit unclear here - IOS70 itself doesn't throw the error ofc, the system menu (4.2) does
tongue.gif
(But it does that because of checks in IOS70 for korean key)

@mauifrog: Sharing illegal files like that isn't allowed either
mellow.gif

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
damysteryman said:
I believe the IOS60-patched wad is to be installed in case somebody does end up starting a wii update to 4.2 on their wii, in which case the patched IOS60 in 70's slot would prevent error 003 for sysmenu 4.2.I just was about to suggest that! So, after installing IOS60-patched to slot 70, could someone safely install 4.2U System menu wad on their regionchanged korean wii? I realize there is no real benefit of a regionchanged 4.2Uwii over a regionchanged 4.1U wii, but still, just curious if it can be done.

also, once a korean wii is region changed, it no longer uses IOS's in the 40's right (ie. IOS4x)? But it is fine to leave these IOSs intact (no point in removing them right?)

QUOTE@WiiPower: I thought it was IOS70 that caused 003 errors (so installing IOS60 in it's slot would fix that). I could be wrong though, I'm not an expert on Wii hacking stuff...
That's what I have read also, although I am not an expert on hacking Korean Wii's, which is why I am doing my research now before starting to give advice on it!

edit: what are the benefits to having a hacked korean region changed 4.2U Wii (or 4.1U Wii) over a fully hacked 4.2K Wii (not region changed)? It seems like its a lot easier to not change regions... if there's no extra benefit... why are people still doing it?

edit2: is the only benefit to region changing a korean wii is to be able to play original disks from other regions using the disk channel? Does installing darkcorp fix that? If this is the only difference (which is all i've turned up in my research so far) then region changing is not worth it (in my opinion)... why bother when a 4.2K wii with the HBC and cIOSs can get usb loaders and backup disks (working via neogamma or darkcorp).

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I believe the main reasons they region change is:
1) They don't know it can be done otherwise (many guides/people just tell them to region change)
2) They bought a Korean Region changed wii (sometimes without knowing) because they're cheaper
3) For (Region-free) hacks, which aren't there for Region K

Also, I had to correct my post above. It's not IOS70 throwing the error, but sym 4.2
tongue.gif

Afaik, there were just 2 changes for the 4.2 update
* An update of IOS70 to check for Korean Key
* An update in system menu 4.2 that uses this data from it's IOS (aka it actually calls the check) and throws 003 if needed
That would cause all other matches of IOS/Sym to never throw 003

Again, that's just my point of view

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
XFlak said:
tj_cool said:
@mauifrog: Sharing illegal files like that isn't allowed either
mellow.gif
Are you sure they're illegal files? WiiBrew has them directly on their website HERE (see the very last paragraph)... and wiibrew is even more strict with their rules than gbatemp.
*cough* IOS70v54321(IOS60-patched).zip *cough*

I wasn't talking about ARC
rolleyes.gif

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
tj_cool said:
I believe the main reasons they region change is:
1) They don't know it can be done otherwise (many guides/people just tell them to region change)
2) They bought a Korean Region changed wii (sometimes without knowing) because they're cheaper
3) For (Region-free) hacks, which aren't there for Region K
1 & 2 are valid points, but not good reasons for the informed individual to region change their korean wii... that leaves only the 3rd option...

I know for a fact that there is a region-free everything hack for 4.2K wii's, its included in this hacks.ini. I have never tested it on a 4.2K or 4.1K Wii... are you saying these hacks don't work on Korean wii's (or did you not realize these hacks existed)?

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don#t know why people change there Korean wiis. I changed mine because I am not Korean, but most are sold that way. Regardless, who cares, it is what the poster wants to do, and there is no reason not to if you can accept the risks. I don#t think anyone has much reason to run 4.2, especially Kor wiis, so installing ios60 into ios70 is a precautionary measure. But any Korean wii with ios60 installed into ios70 can run 4.2 without error. It is probably safer to patch ios60 than it would be to patch SM 4.2.

Also, I have not posted any illegal files, thank you. I am very capable of reading and following the rules, I have not broken any of them.

wes11ph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
in changing korean console to us needs:

TBR
cIOS
cioscorp or darkcorp
ARC with korean support
ATD
priiloader (with hacks.ini)

us wads:
mii channel
photo channel
news channel
region select
bc
mios

and

system menu v481

good luck in region changing

Alexminator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Hi, xflak i need ur help again if u can. I wanna download the file ARC_mod06_offline4.1_all cause ive a wii PAL system n im cuban I use NTSC system. But my wii is 4.3e. So I need this file to convert to my tv system. But again im victim of the politics that usa carry on againts cuba. The site code.google.com its forbiden for me. If u(xflak) or any other member can help me n give other link to download, maybe megaupload or similar...or send me to my email [email protected]. ill apreciate the help
thanx
alex out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol