Hacking WII 4.2 PRELOADER PROBLEM PLEASE HELP

animeblade95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay heres what happened. I was hacking my wii using bannerbomb for 4.2 and i installed the homebrew channel, along with dvdx, and bootmii. Then i tried to install preloader v0.29 and after i did i started up my wii and it went to preloader. I then chose go to system menu and it said "the system files are corrupt please refer to the user manual". I then restarted my wii and chose go to home brew channel and then it tells me "HBC Cannot be loaded maybe not installed?" so the in decided to go to the hackmii installer to get to the homebrew channel which worked and then i loaded up bootmii. I have a nand backup from my friends wii and i tried to restore mine with it but it says " boot me not found, to dangerous to continue! If your sd is corrupt or restore is inturuppted you will be unable to boot to fix it. If you are sure you want to do this press A+B+X+Y otherwise press any key to exit" i pressed A+B+X+Y and it just said hit any button to exit Is there any way i can fix this?

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The reason behind the "system files are corrupt" is that Preloader 0.29 patches IOS60 so it can function, while System Menu 4.2 uses IOS70.

On your PC, use NUS Downloader to create a System Menu 4.2 WAD. On your SD card, placed that WAD in sd:/wad/, and install WAD Manager (WARNING: Direct download link). Run WAD Manager on your Wii, and install the WAD.

I would recommend that you install Priiloader.

animeblade95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanx both of you but the method of just changing ios to 60 froze. I also forgot to say that my wiimote wont sync and the gc controller isnt working on wad manager.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?