Hacking wii 4.0, error -1035 when installing cioses

pacman366

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iv got a wii w/ 4.0 and HBC installed. I cant seem to install any cios. i constantly get error -1035 via wad manager 1.4 when installing any ios wads. as well as the cios v11,10 and 9 installers.

however, i can install IOS35-64-v1040 successfully from wm 1.4. iv attempted to patch IOS35-64-v1040 via dvdx, is seems to complete w/o errors, but when i chose ios35 with wm 1.4, i still get errors when i try to install the cios wads, and when i run the cios installers. iv tryed running everything via bannerbomber, no success. iv tryed the softmii downgrader, no success , error 1035... i cant seem to get anything cios related to work. iv tryed to follow all the 4.0 downgrade guides, each of them leading me to error 1035.

as a back story, i updated my wii to 4.0 with wankies 4.0 upgrader, prior to that i performed an update to 3.4 from 3.2. prior to 3.2 i installed the cios that allowed wii apps to read the full dvd, i just cant recall the version number. I also installed IOS16 and I have a cyclowiz drive mod installed.

Any suggestions?

more info:

i think i do have ios249 installed, from what i understand cios249 causes issues like the ones im experiencing . iv attempted to remove it with anytitle deleter but that also fails out with errors. I herd that theres a dvdx installer that will offer the option to remove cios249, but i cant seem to find it. any help in locating this version of dvdx would help me.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
IOS249 is acually cIOS36...

so there's the proof that you installed some form of cIOS whether you know the revision or not.

older wad managers run from cIOS, or, the newer one can run from any IOS, and like you said, you installed IOS35, but is it an older IOS35 with the fakesign bug?

only IOS which has the fakesigning bug will install wads, and IOS249 has the fikesign bug, so try to an actual cIOS36_r7.wad by using wad manager 1.4 using IOS249. unless you tried that...?

Personally, when i tried to install cIOS on a mates wii and it just wouldnt work (via network or wad installation through the cIOS installer). i installed IOS16, then used custom wad manager to install a cIOS36_r7.wad. after that it'd let me install cIOS_r9 via network.

sorry if i'm rambling, i'm very tired XD

getting a cIOS installed on 4.0 is difficult right now anyways, since bannerbomb has just been released people are still working on easier ways to do it.

pacman366

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOS35-64-v1040 i think has the fakesign bug in it, if not, dvdx seems to successfully patch it. also one other thing i failed to mention is that im also able to successfully install IOS16, and have already.I also have a drivemod. A cyclowiz.

"only IOS which has the fakesigning bug will install wads, and IOS249 has the fikesign bug, so try to an actual cIOS36_r7.wad by using wad manager 1.4 using IOS249. unless you tried that...?"

yep iv tryed that, nothing but errors.

"getting a cIOS installed on 4.0 is difficult right now anyways, since bannerbomb has just been released people are still working on easier ways to do it."

yeah, iv seen tons of virgin 4.0 success stories as well as guides on how to do it... none were successful for me >.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
have you got a ready patched cIOS36_r7.wad lying around? if not search for it and try installing it through custom wad manager.

that should work since you have IOS16 installed.

i think the HBC tells you your IOS36 version, not the cIOS36 version

pacman366

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"have you got a ready patched cIOS36_r7.wad lying around? if not search for it and try installing it through custom wad manager."

yes i do. should i run wm 1.4 with ios16 to install it?

pacman366

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, i tryed to install cIOS36_r7.wad ie 249-v7, and received error 1035. I tried it with wm 1.4 in ios16 mode. the ios16 i currently have installed is iso16-64-v257-prod.wad.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i dont know whether it matters bu u thnk you should actually try the custom manager, if it doesnt work then i'm stumped
unsure.gif

pacman366

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it dident work, iv gotten 1035.... one other thing I did not mention, my wii has a drive mod, a cyclowiz
But thanks for your all your responses and help.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i dont think modchips effect softmodding/ homebrew but since i dont have one i cant be sure.

the only thing that i can think of then is the serial number of your wii, if you take a look at the bottom of the wii and it has a serial number beginning with LU64, they're supposably unhackable... which would explain why nothing in installing other than IOS16,

but if you had your wii when the older cIOS were released then you probably dont have one of them...

very strange indeed, sorry i cant help you
frown.gif

what is it you want to be able to do with homebrew then? just a random question lol

pacman366

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
i dont think modchips effect softmodding/ homebrew but since i dont have one i cant be sure.

the only thing that i can think of then is the serial number of your wii, if you take a look at the bottom of the wii and it has a serial number beginning with LU64, they're supposably unhackable... which would explain why nothing in installing other than IOS16,

but if you had your wii when the older cIOS were released then you probably dont have one of them...

very strange indeed, sorry i cant help you
frown.gif

what is it you want to be able to do with homebrew then? just a random question lol

my wii is an lu30 and i want to be able to place my originals in storage so they dont ware and scratch, and use the hdloaders to boot my games, but i dont have any of the necessary cioses to do so..

im guessing this is all some how the result of an old cios i installed, combined with the fact i did not install all the required cioses before running wankies 4.0 updater. i guess thats what i get for not opening the readme before running the wankie updater.
biggrin.gif

pacman366

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
delete old IOS of the version your trying to install. then install newer version

I cant, anytitledeleter fials with error 1035, and i get error 1017 whenever i try to un-install the wad via wm 1.4 using cios16, 35 or cios249

gugle_yahu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI pacman366, I have exactly same problem and have done evrything wat u have done, I get exactly the same errors , I m on 4.1e, LEH39, I have been trying to find solution since last 5 days but no good, Have you managed to find it ? please let me know If you find it, I will post any updates that I have in here.

thnaks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1