Hacking wii 3.4u wad manager doesn't work when I click it the screen goes

d-stan1987

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just went out and bought a new wii and it has 3.4u version firmware on it and i just did the twilight hack and put the homebrew channel on it and I wanted to downgrade to 3.2u but everytime I go to use the wad manager button the screen just goes black and stays black. I have to then hold the power button on the console to reboot it. No matter what wad I try to install, it does it everytime I click the wad manager button. I was told that the wad manager is blocked on the 3.4u but i am unsure if that is true. Any help please.
unsure.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
d-stan1987 said:
I just went out and bought a new wii and it has 3.4u version firmware on it and i just did the twilight hack and put the homebrew channel on it and I wanted to downgrade to 3.2u but everytime I go to use the wad manager button the screen just goes black and stays black. I have to then hold the power button on the console to reboot it. No matter what wad I try to install, it does it everytime I click the wad manager button. I was told that the wad manager is blocked on the 3.4u but i am unsure if that is true. Any help please.
unsure.gif
when did you buy your console ??

cheffro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having the same issue. I bought my wii 3 days ago. Running 3.4u. Homebrew installed perfectly. Any help would be much appreciated.

bubsexton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem also with the new wiis that begin with serial number "lu64" and I have modded several wiis I have bought myself this week and I can absolutely confirm this is a major problem with these wiis because I have went right back to wal-mart and switched the wii out three times and I have had the same issue everytime just today and please I dont want to hear anyone say I done anything wrong because I have modded over 40 wiis and i do this for people everyday and it is an absolute fact the new wiis do not allow softmod with any of the methods anywhere on the net .....6 wiis i have tried in 2 days and none have worked ....wad manager 1.3 with not open,ios downgrader will not work ,cios downgrader will not work,region changer wont work, only thing that will actually load is custom wad manager but this does not help .....anyone out there needs to help me find out the problem without saying its something me and the others are doing wrong because they are all having this problem the same as me and if u do not believe this buy a wii beginning wit serial number lu64 and see for your self....thats all i needed to say and any help would be appreciated...thanx

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
could it really be true? nintendo actually patching the wii to not allow softmods?

ahwell if it is, im sure within a few weeks/months someone will figure out a work around..

as someone else said on the forums.. for every nut theres a cracker..

Keeley

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
huh thats strange as you should be able to downgrade from 3.4 to 3.2 or anyting you like did you search for a guide ? Thats the only way i can think of making Wad Manager to work

bubsexton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you cannot downgrade the firmware at ALL I have tried in several advanced and several simple ways to do this ....cios downgrader 1.1 and 1.0 wont even load "black screen", ios downgrader will load but gives error as soon as it does and downloads the files and gives another error,region changer gives an error then downloads and gives another,wad manager 1.3 wont load black screen,any title deleter loads but error after that,and many other applications just fells to load and nothing i do is wrong and I have tried many different methods, I have modded many many wiis .....it is the new wiis without a doubt

shallowater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bubsexton said:
you cannot downgrade the firmware at ALL I have tried in several advanced and several simple ways to do this ....cios downgrader 1.1 and 1.0 wont even load "black screen", ios downgrader will load but gives error as soon as it does and downloads the files and gives another error,region changer gives an error then downloads and gives another,wad manager 1.3 wont load black screen,any title deleter loads but error after that,and many other applications just fells to load and nothing i do is wrong and I have tried many different methods, I have modded many many wiis .....it is the new wiis without a doubt

Ahhh.... EXACTLY the SAME thing happens to me.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=143413

I guess this is indeed the problem of the new Wii. Somebody come up with the new crack...

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
w8... if wad manager works, just dump and convert the wii firmware, ios, and everything else into a huge wad

then install it through the wad manager

no idea how though...don't have any dumping tools for wii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.