Hacking wii 3.3 usb loader.

butfluffy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi. i've had my wii a good while now and i've been happy just running games from dvd using various loaders, eg: gecko neogamma. i have never updated the system cos everything was working fine until recently when an handfull of games seem to only work with usb loaders. we dare is one of them.
what i was wondering was if it was possible to run games from usb drive using loaders such as mighty loader and usbloadergx while the system is still at v3.3.
i really don't wanna update the wiicos later versions seem to cause trouble with wad installs on my mates wii and i have no trouble installing wads.
i'm sure i read that you can't use usb/loaders with older wii system, but i thought i would ask you guys here
smile.gif

any help would be great.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can run USB loaders like Configurable USB Loader and WiiFlow without updating your Wii from 3.3. All that really matters with them is the loader and what cIOS you are using. However, it might be best to just use ModMii in order to update your Wii to 4.1 and its IOS files to their latest versions. It will also help you to make sure you are using the latest recommended cIOS files (249dx56 and 250dx57).

butfluffy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cheers for the replys guys. thats great news. what i have been doing up until now is installing the latest ios's and cios's with wad manager. will everything be ok if i carry on updating ios's with this method?
i'm one of those if it aint broke don't fix it types lol.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah just update the IOS's like you are doing and you should be good. BTW if you want to update to system menu 4.1 It would add the SD card menu but otherwise there is no need to update the system menu.

butfluffy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah there were a few perks about the later system menu but nothing i cant manage without. higher capacity sd cards would have been cool thou i guess. still i think i will stay at 3.3
smile.gif

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah to be honest system menu is the only thing not worth updating. My only advise is do not install an update to your system menu IOS Not sure which that is I'll look it up if I need..

butfluffy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
there is a tutorial thread that i know of. it explains all about ios's. latest versions and which ios does what. and yeah there were some ios's there that were for the menu so i have left them alone and installed the ones needed for the latest games to work. i have installed cios249 aswell, but i guess i will need to get the latest version of that since i read we dare needs the latest cios249.
thanks once again for all the info
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9p0iK877W4 +1