Wii 3.0 PAL update Wiifree?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by cardyology, Sep 14, 2007.

1. cardyology
    OP

cardyology GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 2, 2007
    Chorley Uk
    Hey guys, sorry for the new thread, I searched & googled but couldnt find a definate answer, sooo....

I've beeen holding back updating my PAL UK wii from 2.2E to 3.0E (+ the extra little one) mainly due to a ruck of good 360 games coming out (Bioshock *cough*) but now I think am ready to begin Metroid 3 [​IMG]

Obv I need to update it but Im scared to & have a few questions.....

First, My wii is PAL UK with Wiifree 2.45 running on it. Its currently 2.2E f/w

My first step was to connect my wii to my wifi network which I just did & it says "run system update now? yes/no"

1 - Do I need to remove the wiifree or is it safe to leave it in while performing the update?
    2 - Should I do both updates one after the other?
    3 - will the update make any difference to the way my wiifree works?
    i.e.
    a - will my wiifrees region unlock setting be reset to "off" as defualt?
    b - will I need to burn a new setup disc or a GCOS boot disc to turn region free back on?

My next questions are about metroid itself.

I have an NTSC backup.....

1- do I use brick blocker (I read this results in black screen on PAL wii)
    2 - What about regionfrii?

3 - am I right in thinking that as long as my wii is 3.0E - burning metroid & running the 3.0U update will casue no harm other than dupe news/wether channels? I REALLY dont want to unplug my wii durin g the update as some said to do. Im not bothered about dupe channels [​IMG]

Sorry for the massive post!

cards. [​IMG]

2. cardyology
    OP

cardyology GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 2, 2007
    Chorley Uk
    bump

I u[pdated the wii to 3.0e & it worked oki. Tested NTSC games & they worked fine.

So now I have burned metroid WITHOUT brick blocker or regionfrii patching

I aam just going to let the disc update & all it'll do is add dupe channels right?

Well, Im trying that and it wont do the update. Its been on about 2% for about 20 mins now. [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice