Wii #2911 - Beat The Beat: Rhythm Paradise (Europe)

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Any difference between this and the NTSC-U version?
I think this one has the japanese soundtracks, whereas the NTSC-U version doesnt.
TIME TO RESTART THIS GAME :D
After reading your post I did a search and according to siliconera the PAL version includes both US and JAPANESE soundtracks. Apparently, you can change which one you're using whenever you like. This may warrant a download...though I do hope this game is viewable in color on my crt ntsc tv, as the PAL version of Pikmin 2 was not.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/609557-rhythm-heaven-fever/63310155

The translation is changed in almost every place. Many times it's changed for the worse. It seems to me that the PAL translators took the text and treated it like it was for a serious video game - and serious video games don't have mini-games in which you "do that thing we do". Instead, you "set sail". Personally, "that thing we do" is much funnier.

The two non-text-related changes are the addition of these features:
Japanese / English voice option at the title screen
Shuffle music feature in the Cafe

Both are not worth messing up the US version's hilarious translation. The PAL version is roughly equivilant to the US version in most places, but the US text is usually a little better. The deal breaker is when the text is changed to be much worse.

The PAL version did make Air Rally a game between (basically) a cat and his pet dog, instead of the two friends cat and dog. You could say it's a new joke but I liked the old setup more.

Category

Trainee Romhacker
Trophies
Website
masseffectzero.blogspot.co.uk
XP
Country
though I do hope this game is viewable in color on my crt ntsc tv, as the PAL version of Pikmin 2 was not.

Do other PAL games work? If you have only tried pikmin 2, then maybe your TV can't handle a PAL signal. Try to force video and maybe even pikmin 2 will work for you.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Do other PAL games work? If you have only tried pikmin 2, then maybe your TV can't handle a PAL signal. Try to force video and maybe even pikmin 2 will work for you.
I can play the PAL version of Pikmin 2 on my old crt tv but it only runs in black and white, the only other PAL game I've tried is Another Code: R and it plays fine in full color on the same tv. I've also read that to get Pikmin 2 to display in color that you need to have component cables and a tv that accepts them as an input, however I have tried playing it on a 26" LCD tv my girlfriends parents own with only the standard composite cables and oddly enough, Pikmin 2 actually displays in color on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Watching the fallout series it is pretty decent