Wii #2910 - Project Zero 2: Wii Edition (Europe)

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone confirm if this is dubbed in English or does it have an option for japanese audio w/ eng subs? Thx.

I know for a fact that it has an english dub, there has been a trailer for the european version for a few months now. British accents, like The Last Story. Though maybe not as strong.

No idea if there's an option for the japanese voices.

Alex666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there gonna be an undub version of this? I find the english voices... well... annoying somehow :(
or is there a possibility to switch the dub and i just didn't figure it out yet?
Because in Spirit Camera for 3DS (which i bought yesterday) you get the option to have the japanese voices :/

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI this is a 9 years old game.
It's a remake, so not just a simple port job with Wii controls:

Differences from Crimson Butterfly

The main differences between Deep Crimson Butterfly and the original are the updated graphics and the new third-person camera angle, first used in Fatal Frame IV. The map has been updated to work better with the new viewpoint, and the costumes were designed with more emphasis on the back since it is constantly in the player's view. Also similarly to Fatal Frame IV, the game contains "ghost hands" which may randomly pop up when the player attempts to pick up an item. If a hand appears the player will have to shake it off, or incur damage. Some items, such as cloth-covered mirrors, may also be interacted with, and bars and that can be peeped through. The Camera Obscura, while its external aesthetics are identical to that of the original camera from the PlayStation 2 release, has a new viewfinder and altered controls. A new mode, Haunted House mode, has been added, a two-player mode in which players walk around a set course and scary events randomly occur. The game will also feature several new endings[11] and the theme song is different, there are also slight changes to dialogues and notes, new areas to explore, and like the first game, each chapter are now introduced by new CG images of the characters.

[edit]Misc. Info
  • Kureha is a new character in Fatal Frame: Deep Crimson Butterfly, a shrine maiden in the village's Hidden Ceremony. She acts as the player's guide for the new 2-player Haunted House mode, providing the player(s) with a report on how they fared at the end of each level and informing them of the strength of their sixth sense relative to their performance.
  • Changes have also been made to Mio and Mayu, the game’s twin protagonists. Both Mio and Mayu have been made to look older than they were in the original game, and everything from their facial structure to their clothes has been redesigned in order to make them more visually appealing, but lose the “cute” look of the original- developers says in a interview.[citation needed]
  • The game is rated CERO: C in Japan, PEGI 16 in Europe and OFLC MA15+ in Australia.
  • The European version will have new voice actors, as the game has new scenes not found in the original game.
  • Prior to the announcement of the release date, several ghosts' remake appearances were discovered in Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir's Japanese release. This notably included hidden models of Mio and Mayu in new outfits.
  • Its theme song is called "Kurenai", meaning "Crimson", from Tsuki Amano's currently untitled latest album.[12]

Would have preferred the 4th game to be localised, not sure if this is different enough to go through it again seeing I've only just played & finished the original on Xbox. If this version is just as good then I do recommend it to anyone who hasn't played the original.

Unless it sells well over here I'd doubt there'll be a US release, what with NoA not giving a shit about the Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water