Wii #2788 - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (USA)

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USA was out before, just not a scene release. idk why, but im still downloading this, i guess to keep on USB backup when the retail disc isnt handy for me

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somebody please compare this to the previous US release. I have my suspicions that the leaked release was actually a PAL version patched to run NTSC, because there was some serious scan-linage going on in parts.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somebody please compare this to the previous US release. I have my suspicions that the leaked release was actually a PAL version patched to run NTSC, because there was some serious scan-linage going on in parts.
I can confirm that the previous US leaked release wasnt a PAL iso patched.
That iso runs on Wode... and this modchip cant run patched isos if you dont have the needed cIOS

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, guy. Scanlines are horizontal. The lines you were seeing were vertical lines related to the engine itself. They also appeared in Wind Waker (Check out Link's hat: http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/4752/gc2oq2.jpg), Galaxy, and a few other Nintendo games. They're really visible at times in Skyward Sword though. To help your suspicions, my friend owns a legitimate USA copy and they appear sadly :(

manuel1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

PAL is actually superior and has no problems with scanlines, a higher resolution and since the 80es 60 Herz.
But seriously, don't u attach your Wii to an HD TV? If so, don't use RGB/Scart but Component Cables and you wont have such problems.

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so, did the sounds link is making are the same then the other version (japanese sounds people were reporting...) ????

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Had this for a while now, the previous non scene release was perfect so i guess ill pass since this it totally useless. Scene or not, this was already released and they are friggin late, dunno why people would pick this instead especially since they should've been playing this for a while now lol

Sloshy

Trophies
Website
piecesoflint.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
so, did the sounds link is making are the same then the other version (japanese sounds people were reporting...) ????
I always thought the characters had the same sounds in every Zelda game... It doesn't really matter though considering how the characters never even speak (aside from Zelda singing near the beginning).

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, guy. Scanlines are horizontal. The lines you were seeing were vertical lines related to the engine itself. They also appeared in Wind Waker (Check out Link's hat: http://img185.images...4752/gc2oq2.jpg), Galaxy, and a few other Nintendo games. They're really visible at times in Skyward Sword though. To help your suspicions, my friend owns a legitimate USA copy and they appear sadly :(

Thank you. I complained about those lines the first day Wind Waker was in stores, and everyone on the planet told me I was crazy, seeing things, had a bad disc, a crappy tv, bad cables, and everything else you could think of.

dreassica

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyone who has a savegame from rigth after the bird race? I tried it for aeons but i hate the bird controls and cant catch the bird still. My patience with it has ran out.
The sword controls are great, i just so loathe the shitty bird flying.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
ill just buy this game so no Nintendo firmware update to play this game, that is so not like nintendo have they given up on piracy for wii?

yes, they gave up.
NSMB was the last one with a good AP.
Its not worth the hastle on this game. They will sell a shit ton of this game and those that pirate just to pirate wont matter enough to have AP. Most people that pirate will still buy this game because they are true fans of the series.

Reactions: 1 person

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone who has a savegame from rigth after the bird race? I tried it for aeons but i hate the bird controls and cant catch the bird still. My patience with it has ran out.

don't be a spaz, and make sure the motion+ is calibrated right before. the race was pretty easy.

dreassica

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

don't be a spaz, and make sure the motion+ is calibrated right before. the race was pretty easy.

It IS calbirated, I have 0 issues with swordfighting and the lot, I just hate the bird flying sequence.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It IS calbirated, I have 0 issues with swordfighting and the lot, I just hate the bird flying sequence.

The bird that you are trying to catch flies in a pattern. Don't try and catch him from behind, cut him off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s