Wii #2688 - Spider-Man: Edge of Time (USA)

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So like the other Spider-man games preceding this one for the Wii, is this one a watered down version of the PS3/360 versions?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shattered Dimensions was fine and the Wii port wasn't actually too bad. Graphics were downgraded but not massacred like other Wii-makes.

I don't think I'll bother with this, I've heard nothing about it compared to Shattered Dimensions, which was marketed quite a bit.

lizard81288

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they think Shattered Dimensions did just fine, so they did a copy/paste, and most people think Shattered Dimensions was medicore. Its like that, but now you have less characters to play as. Then again, Its Acti. They reuse the same thing over and over, until it stops selling. They'll kill it, and then just reboot it later.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been waiting for this one! Thing is I still haven't finished X-Men Destny and Super Sentai Battle
tongue.gif
Oh Well It's just another game for me to get.

mrpinkeye

Trophies
XP
Country
i was impressed with shattered dimensions so happy to give this one a go too. what was 3 like? never played it. was it as sucky as the movie!?

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love this game for the most part, I love how they just throw you into it, however there are parts of the controls that still needed work and the camera at times can be angled wrong via the PC while web slinging. I never played Shattered Dimension is Edge of Time the Sequel or something completely different? I know its made by the same company that made Shattered, any ideas!

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SEGA should be the guys handling all the Marvel properties, since at least their Wii revs are, at least of late, built from the ground up for the machine.

blahkamehameha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was stated that this game is not a sequel to Shattered Dimensions for those wondering. And looks to be a pretty promising game, though I was disappointed they kept the majority of the combat the same.

As for the person who asked what Spider-Man 3 was like, it was ok. It was like Spider-man 2, but instead of improving on it, they took from it. But not a horrible game, just ok. It's best to play the 360/PS3 version.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlackAce83 said:
Only played alittle, and already seems better than that X-men Destiny

it is better.i only played the first level of X-men Destiny for wii and than i quit,game felt boring from beginning.
Spider-Man: Edge of Time starts good from the beginning .so far i just played the opening of the game but i know i'm going to like this game till the end because i liked Shattered Dimension on the wii and this one so far does play similar to that game.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlackAce83 said:
Only played alittle, and already seems better than that X-men Destiny

Bullshit!

First off this game has very lazy rendering. Either use cel shading like last years game or TRY to use decent textures. This game could look better than this. Secondly the web slinging sucks ass. It's actually the worst part of the game and hinders the game a LOT. One hour into the game and the slinging is so bad I wanted to throw the damn controller. WHY arent we allowed to use the damn pointer to choose zip points and sling that way?! Seriously, it's that bad I'm going back to X-Men or now.

blahkamehameha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the swinging different from Shattered Dimensions? because I know that took a lot of getting used to the first time i played it on the wii.

Thrust

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was shattered dimensions wii like web of shadows? Ive got this game on xbox its fun

EDIT its a direct sequel to shattered dimensions so I dont see why it wouldnt be the same

blahkamehameha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
swinging isn't that bad actually. reminds me of web of shadows style swinging.

so far movement has been the issue to me. it's harder staying in the air now. you can only do one 'web bounce' thing until you either land or swing, in shattered dimensions you could keep doing them to stay in the air.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameWinner said:
So like the other Spider-man games preceding this one for the Wii, is this one a watered down version of the PS3/360 versions?
Actually the Wii version of Shattered Dimensions was superior due to control and art style.

This one though...I saw some footage and its not looking too good, its a shame Activision can't let another team do a game this year and let Beenox take their time like they did with SD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome