Wii #2596 - NASCAR 2011: The Game (USA)

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
4.5 out of 10 from IGN... uh oh. I'm still going to give it a try, always been interested in seeing the simulation racing (eg. not mario kart) attempts on the Wii. You have to admit, it's impressive that they at least managed to get a full 43 car grid to work on the Wii. They had to cut out the damage model, which may include Yellow Flags. And the graphics will be mediocre at best. And using digital (100% on or off) buttons for gas/break, where precision is required, will be less then ideal.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hinu said:
A driving game that allows left turns only?

I don't understand the appeal either. I don't understand how nascar got as big as it did. it's mind numbing to watch. you have to pray for a crash to break the manotomy.

King Zargo

I'm a Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
smash_brew said:
hinu said:
A driving game that allows left turns only?

I don't understand the appeal either. I don't understand how nascar got as big as it did. it's mind numbing to watch. you have to pray for a crash to break the manotomy.
It's more fun for spectators to watch because they see fast cars passing by the whole time.

In formula one you have to wait a minute for that to happen.

But what do I know. I have never seen a race IRL.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
NASCAR is popular due to constant passing and crashing. But I do agree that NASCAR drivers do have skill... hell, F1 drivers (Villeneuve and Montoya) have troubles with winning NASCAR events. But I don't enjoy watching NASCAR for one reason, the races are way too long (3-5 hours).

Now my experience with the game. First off I am still I impressed that they got it working smoothly with a full 43 car grid. They also do have damage simulated, and some decient graphical effects. Too bad it's not proper 16:9, that could had helped the graphics but maybe was omitted to keep framerate smooth. But there is one major flaw with the game, the controls. It is sad to say I had a better experience playing with the d-pad vs the tilt control. The tilt control lacked responsiveness and there was no sensitivity adjustment. Also in a form of racing that requires precision input, this and the digital (on/off) buttons for gas/brake make it nearly impossible to consistently play competitively over a multiple lap event. And that makes this game unenjoyable. Maybe 3/10.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night