Wii #2445 - Shawn Johnson Gymnastics (USA)

Megane

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Bayliss79 said:
another zoo game!! where the hell do they get the money from to make games cos no 1 buys em!

Making 10 shovelwares can be way more profitable than making 1 good game.

It's sad, but that's the reality of the wii.

Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
It happened the same with PSOne: tons of games, one tenth were good ones. I see many patriot grandparents buying games like this for their granddaughter(s). Less than 10 year old kids are easily amused with lots of colors. Video games are an easy way to shut 'em up. Sad -- but true.

NamoNakamura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a scale of negative ninety nine to zero, how good do you think this game is?

All answers greater than negative ninety nine are not allowed.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think everyone knows the whole Zoo thing, and it shouldn't be surprising that they're going to keep releasing games. This game has a market, and there's a good chance some casual people will enjoy it, especially young people who are enthusiastic about gymnastics (although they're probably not focused on video games). Either way, these companies that crank out games do have the rare occasional merit.

Majesco was the only reason that Psychonauts was released, after Microsoft dropped support, and that game is amazing. Otherwise Majesco releases a lot of garbage, more than good games. Recently, Destineer (I swear it's the same company as Zoo, but with a different name so they can release even more games, like how Konami created Ultra back in the NES days), released Dragon's Lair Trilogy. While some might not like DLT, I really appreciate it, and no other developer would pick it up.

My point is that all these companies like Zoo have their place, and can easily be ignored by gamers alike. The only reason I'm aware of these companies, and their games, is because I pirate games. Chances are if you didn't visit gbatemp regularly, or follow the scene, you wouldn't even know these games exist.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte